Thank-You Notes and Appreciation Letters for an Employee
Saying thank you to employees for their efforts, hard work, dedication, or good performance is a type of office etiquette that should be embraced by managers or CEOs of an organization. Remember that the smooth running of any organization depends on effective employees who accept the responsibility of carrying out the day-to-day operations needed to help achieve the company's set goals.
A simple letter of appreciation to your staff for their hardworking efforts will help them feel encouraged and motivated to put in long extra hours in doing more good work and at the same time will help enhance employees’ retention.
To get ideas on what to write, here is a useful guide and a few sample letters of appreciation you can refer to.
Tips: What to Write in Your Letter of Appreciation
Follow these five steps to inspire you on what to write in a thank you letter to employees who are committed to helping your organization reach its full potential:
- Mention the help: Express your gratitude and let them understand what you are actually thanking them for.
- Mention the impact their efforts had on your business’s growth: Express how their hard work and commitment have helped make the company what it is today.
- Thank them again.
- Close your letter with “Yours sincerely” followed by a comma.
- Sign your name.
Sample Thank-You Messages for an Employee Who Did a Good Job
- Thank you for all your hard work, commitment, and invaluable contributions to this company. The ways you are leading team members and delegating tasks are very helpful in keeping this business running smoothly, and I am pleased to inform you that our business is now better positioned far above our major competitor in the market. Once again, thank you for being a dependable team player and for making our dream come true. Well done!
- I am writing to you to let you know that the Management Team is highly impressed with your dedicated years of service to the core values and principles of this organization. Thank you for all that you have done to help this company succeed over the years. What a reliable and supportive employee you are! Thank you!
- If anyone in this organization truly deserves a commendation, it is you. Thank you for all you do every moment that has earned this company the success it has today. Your excellent performance and professionalism have really changed our clients’ perception about our services, and we really appreciate your hard work and commitment to excellent project delivery.
- We would like to thank you for all your contributions to our business’s growth. You really deserve this token of appreciation for all your hardworking effort and long extra hours that you have put in toward achieving and exceeding revenue targets. Once again, we are truly appreciative of all your dedicated years of good service and continued commitment to our vision. Keep it up!
- I would like to thank you for greatly impressing our esteemed guests during the last Trade Fair held at [name of location]. You have no idea how great a positive impression you have left with them about our services. Once again, thank you so much for participating in the event and demonstrating our vision.
- I just wanted to thank you for bringing out the best in the team and always striving for excellence. I commend you for being the dependable and tactful employee that you are. Also, I really appreciate your passion for achieving this company’s planned goals and for positioning us far from our competitors.
- If it weren’t for your innovative ideas and passion for the job, this company wouldn’t have met and exceeded our clients’ expectations. Thank you once again for all the extra hours spent in leaving a good impression about us in our customers’ mind. We are proud to have talented staff like you working with us.
- I am writing to you to let you know that the 20 years of service you have spent working with us were exceptional. It feels so amazing to have you on our team and committed to our vision and principles of working for better services. We hope that you will continue to be a great asset to our organization. Once again, thank you for everything you do in setting us apart from our major rival in the market.
- I have pleasure in writing to you to let you know that the Board of Directors is extremely impressed and satisfied with your professionalism and commitment to good customer service. Once again, thank you for providing excellent service to every person coming to inquire about our services.
- Thank you for creating a unique product that is absolutely different from the rest available in the marketplace. We are so impressed with the outcomes of your efforts and support. Thank you for going an extra mile and helping this company to succeed.
- I would like to express my sincere "thank you" to you for going above and beyond in inspiring other members of the team to work diligently and efficiently to justify their paychecks. You’re worth more than this token of appreciation for your hard work and dedication. Thank you again for setting yourself as a good example to others who hope to become an asset to this organization.
- It was really helpful to have your contributions. Our job performance appraisal shows that the success of this company is due in no small part to your hard work and dedication. Because of your professionalism, organizational skills, and years of experience, we are far ahead of our competitors. Thank you for everything you do.
- Thank you for participating in the just-concluded event at [name of location] and for the excellent presentation which proved to the participants that our company is the first and the best when it comes to top-notch service delivery. We are so appreciative of your efforts and dedication to our cause. You are an invaluable employee at this company. Keep up the good work!
- What a terrifically talented person you are. The Management Team recognizes your dedicated years of service and would like to thank you for your efforts and commitment to excellence. Thank you again for all your hard work and dedication over the years. Well done!
- We are so lucky to have such talented staff on our team. The last quarter performance report couldn’t have been so incredible without your invaluable contributions. Thank you!
- We are so lucky to have an experienced employee like you at this company who is always willing to put in long extra hours on our project. You are always inspiring other team members to work tirelessly in achieving the organization’s planned goals. Thank you again for all your hard work and worthy contributions over the past 10 years.
- We would like you to know that the timing of the project was perfect and the results were incredibly wonderful. This token of appreciation is another great way to say thank you for doing a good job. Thank you again for this successful project delivery.
- We are extremely satisfied with the sales report and the Management Team cannot thank you enough for thinking out of the box to help boost revenue targets. We are hard pressed to let you know how pleased we are with your contributions. Thank you again for everything that you do in helping the company succeeds.
- I am writing to you to let you know that the Management Team is exceedingly satisfied with the project’s progress report. Thank you so much for positively turning around this workplace within just a few months of joining our organization. Indeed you are the right person needed to uphold our integrity and set us apart from our major competitors in business. Please keep up the good work!!
- I want to let you know how much we appreciate the professionalism and leadership skills that you have shown in helping this company reach its full potential. You are an example of how to be an effective staff. Thank you again for all that you do.
- Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication. You relentlessly supervised the project from the beginning to end and we received a lot of compliments from our clients. Once again, we value all your sacrifices in helping this company grow to where it is today.
- I am pleased to inform you that we are always satisfied whenever you are representing us in any event. Because of your expertise, professionalism, and commitment we recorded huge profits in the last quarter. Thank you again for having a passion for our job.
- I would like to express my appreciation to you for all the long extra hours and effort you put in on our project. This successful project completion is due in no small part to your hard work and dedication. I value everything you do.
- I just wanted you to know how appreciative we are for your spending extra hours and efforts on the project. We never thought you could get the desired outcome so soon after becoming project manager. You really went above and beyond to help this company reach its full potential. We are proud to have you on our team.
- Please accept our thanks for your excellent performance at the just-concluded World Trade Fair in San Francisco, USA. We are so lucky to have you in our organization. Thank you again for your outstanding contributions, and for representing us at the event.
- Thank you so much for the wonderful presentation during the paper session. You have no idea of how significantly you contributed to the relaxed experience our clients enjoyed. Thank you for making our clients feel so much at ease and comfortable during the event.
- On your job interview day, I knew without a doubt that you would be a great asset to whoever hired you. Thank you for your loyalty, hard work and dedication to this organization.
- I am writing to say thank you so much for your valuable contributions, and for the dedicated years of service you have spent with us. I value everything you do for this company.
- The company’s progress report for the last quarter of the year was just wonderful! This is to let you know that we recognize your efforts and to thank you for making this business succeed. We’re so lucky to have you on our team.
- Your passion for the job and your performance report has shown us how professional you are. Thank you for always being in position to help keep this company running smoothly and helping the rest of the team achieve the company's planned goals. We are so blessed to have a promising employee like you. Keep up the good work!
- I would like to thank you so much for your help during the last meeting organized for our customers. You made everyone feel so much at ease and we received positive remarks from the customers about how professional you are. Thank you!
- We are exceedingly satisfied with the result of your work and it has been so amazing and worthy of special recognition. We cannot thank you enough for your professionalism and help from the beginning to the end. Thank you again for your contributions to the company.
- The entire team has the utmost confidence in you. Your professionalism, leadership qualities, and passion for the job are what make you an incredible person to work with. Hiring you was the best decision we could ever make. We will definitely want to work with you again. Thank you!
Letter of Appreciation Examples
I am writing to thank you for being patient with us when this company was going through financial crisis and struggling to remain in business. Despite the pay cuts, you stood by us and put in long extra hours to help this company achieve its set goals. Your coming to work for this organization was a great blessing that helped us become what we are today. Thank you once again for your commitment and invaluable contributions toward helping this business reach its full potential. Keep up the good work!
[Your full name]
I have pleasure in writing to you that the Management Team is extremely satisfied with your excellent performance in the first quarter of the year. You tried a number of things that ended up helping this company become what it is today. You might not know this, but we are aware of your efforts and we cannot thank you enough for all your hard work and commitment to this job. Thank you again for all the good things that you do to keep this business running smoothly.
[Your full name]
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
© 2018 Oyewole Folarin