Oyewole Folarin loves writing greeting-card messages and helping others find the words they need for life's special moments.
Why Thank a Customer, Client, or Partner?
Sending a thank-you note or appreciation message to your customers and clients expressing your gratitude for their business not only shows your appreciation, but it also helps to build and strengthen your relationship with them. It can also improve customers’ retention rate.
Thank-you notes are something you should include in your business etiquette if you want to help customers get excited about your business. Even something as simple as “thank you for doing business with us” can make them feel more important. If they have the best customer experience after their patronage, they will be more likely to come back and buy more from you. This simple act of gratitude can expand your customer base and boost your sales.
Another way to leave a good impression of your business in your customers’ minds is through customer reward programs. A coupon or voucher can be included inside your thank-you note. Giving discounts and including a coupon that they can use to purchase more items from your store can turn them into loyal and returning customers.
In this article, you will find the inspiration you need to write the perfect customer thank-you note and appreciation message.
When Should You Send a Customer Appreciation Message?
Here are just a few examples of when you might want to write customer thank-you notes and appreciation messages.
Send a thank-you note to express gratitude for:
- their patronage;
- business partnership or collaboration;
- referring prospective customers to your business;
- attending a meeting, business expo, or lecture;
- or during the holiday season.
What to Think About When Writing a Business Thank-You Note or Appreciation Letter
- Be extra positive. Remember that you want to leave a good impression of your business in your customers’ minds.
- Make it more professional. A formal business letter format is most appropriate.
- Help them feel like an integral part of your business by letting them know how much their business means to you.
- Refer to the future. This could be something like: “We look forward to continuing serving you as a valued customer,” or “We hope to be of service to you in the future.”
- Write clearly and concisely.
Short Notes of Gratitude for Text Messages
Below, you will find some short phrases to use if you want to keep your business thank you message simple and concise. These are perfect for text messages.
- We’re committed to serving you with dignity and respect!
- We take pride in your business with us!
- We always strive to be the best, just for you!
- We have attained and surpassed our goals because of your patronage.
- You can always count on us for your needs!
- We have enclosed a coupon for your next order—thank you for being our loyal customer!
- We take pride in your continued patronage!
- Thank you for doing business with us!
- Thank you for making us your first contact!
- Thank you for choosing our business!
- Thank you for choosing us!
- We would not be in business without you!
- Every customer matters to us!
- Your satisfaction is our utmost priority!
- We are committed to serving you with excellence for years to come.
- Thank you for the confidence that you’ve placed in us!
- We appreciate your trust in us!
- We are proud to have you as our loyal customer.
- Doing business with you is our greatest asset!
- We appreciate your purchase!
- It has been a pleasure serving you throughout the years!
- We hope to see you again soon!
- Thank you for always shopping with us!
- Your satisfaction is our greatest concern!
- We are always happy to serve you better!
- Thank you for continuing to choose us throughout years!
- We greatly value your business!
- Thank you for doing business with us over the past 12 months!
- Your confidence in us is greatly appreciated!
- It’s our pleasure serving you!
- Thank you for being one of our success stories!
- Our customers matter most to us!
- We are excited to serve you first!
17 Thoughtful Thank-You Notes and Appreciation Messages for a Client or Customer
Here are some thoughtful examples of what to write in your thank-you note or appreciation message.
- Thank you for keeping us informed about how best to serve your needs. Together, we made this business a success.
- We would like to thank you for doing business with our company during the third quarter of the year. Once again, thank you for your business.
- We are writing to thank you for doing business with us. Great people look forward to great innovations. We’re committed to providing you with innovations to meet all your needs and expectations.
- Thank you for believing in us. We promise to always provide our partners with the excellent service that they deserve, and we hope that our relationship this season will turn out to be just like the one we enjoyed in the last business year. Thank you again!
- Your partner at [insert name of company] would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued patronage. We wish you the very best as we look forward to a prosperous new year.
- Thank you for the continued trust you have put in our brand. Our ongoing success relies on the loyalty and support of customers like you. We look forward to an enjoyable business experience with you.
- We sincerely appreciate the trust and confidence you have in us. Let me reassure you again or our commitment to serving you with courtesy and respect for many years to come.
- Our brand innovation wouldn’t have been possible if you didn’t give us feedback about our products and services.
- Our business is growing because of your continued patronage. Thank you for your business, and have a great holiday season.
- Thank you so much for playing a pivotal role in our growth. We’ll make sure we continue to put your needs first as our company expands and improves.
- We’re using this holiday card to thank you for being such a loyal customer. We have learned so many new ideas from you during the last quarter of the year. With you, we made great progress. Once again, thank you for your business and trust.
- We are exceedingly pleased to find people we can always count on. Thank you for being one of our loyal and trusted clients.
- Thank you for your genuine interest and confidence in our brand. We’re what we are today because of your patronage. Thank you for banking with us!
- We just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your time in giving us feedback. Because of your comment, we were able to improve our services and create new products to meet the needs of our numerous customers. Thank you again for providing such constructive information.
- We would like to thank you for taking the time to visit us on [date of visit]. We look forward to a fruitful collaboration with you in the future.
- We are glad that you took the time to attend our business expo. We sincerely value all your contributions, and your feedback has given us an idea about how to improve our ongoing business relations with our esteemed customers.
- We are writing to thank you for being one of the most loyal customers we’ve ever had over the years. Your business with us has brought our company nothing but great achievements.
How Do You Write a Customer Appreciation Letter?
Here’s a useful guide you can follow when writing a business appreciation letter:
Start With a Salutation
Address your customer by their correct name and title. If you’re not sure of their name, you can use something like: “Dear Valued Customer,” “Dear Esteemed Customer,” or “Dear Loyal Customer.” However, you should try as much as possible to know your customers by their names if you want to have a good business relationship with them.
Say What You Are Thankful for
When writing a thank-you letter, the first sentence should clearly state the purpose of the letter. Is it about thanking them for feedback about your product/services? Is it about thanking them for doing business with you? Is it about thanking them for their loyalty to your business? Is it about thanking them for referring new customers to your business? Is it about thanking customers or clients for giving valuable insight for your brand? Is it about thanking them for their order?
The above questions will get you started. With that said, remember to keep it simple and concise.
Let Them Know What Their Business Means to You
The second sentence should let your customers or clients know how much their business means to you. Give some specific examples about what you appreciate about your customer or client. When doing this, you have to be sincere, and keep in mind that you mustn’t over-praise them by calling them what they are not.
Leave a lasting impression in their mind by letting them know how much their business with you has made you become the most valued brand in the market, or how their support has helped you achieve your business goals.
If this is done in the right manner, it will help strengthen your relationship with them and encourage them to become loyal customers. It will also make them feel happy, and being happy can also make them come back to you again and again for their needs. To express what their business means to you, you can refer to the examples below:
“Your patronage has contributed immensely to our success.” or “Our brand is leading globally in terms of customer base and size because of the loyalty and support of customers like you.”
Thank Them Once Again
Express your thanks once again by saying how much you appreciate their business. A look toward the future can be a good touch towards the end—it could be something like “We look forward to continuing serving you as a valued customer.”
Sign Off the Letter Professionally
End the letter with “Sincerely,” “Kind regards,” “Regards,” or “Best regards,” and then sign your name. Remember to include your position and the organization you're working with below your name.
Ways to Describe Your Customer or Client
Thanking a Customer or Client for Giving Feedback and Completing a Survey
The aim of customer feedback is to know how satisfied your customers are with your product or services. In addition to evaluating customer satisfaction, their feedback is also important in improving your services to actually meet their needs and expectations.
When writing a thank-you note after giving feedback or completing a survey, let your customers know that their opinions are valuable to your business success. That being said, your note should also help them feel that you are not just to get their money but to help them solve their problems and deliver products that will fulfill their needs more accurately. To do this, you can refer to the example below for inspiration:
Thank you for completing our survey. Your feedback is very important to us, and your opinion helps deliver a world-class service that gives us a competitive edge. Thank you again for your time and energy!
End-of-Year Thank-You Note and Appreciation Message Example
Your business experienced a boost in revenue in the past 12 months, so as the year draws to a close, you can take the holiday season to send greetings and show appreciation to your customers, clients, and partners for their business, loyalty, and support. Here is an example of a thank-you note for a customer or client for their continued support and trust.
We would like to thank you for choosing [insert your business name] as your service provider throughout the years. We couldn’t have been one of the leading and most trusted brands if we did not have your support. As we look forward to [insert year], we promise to continue serving you with the best solutions that meet your needs. Have a wonderful holiday season!
© 2019 Oyewole Folarin
Farrah Young on April 06, 2020:
I'm saving this article so I can refer to it later when writing out my thank you notes.
You give beautiful advice, Oyewole (egbon mi)