10 Signs Your Office is Haunted
Your Office is Scary
Do you dread each day when thinking about work? Are you horrified to enter your cubicle each morning? Do you find things have been moved around on your desk? Are you scared of the activities at your job? If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you are either just like every other person on this planet that hates going to work... or your office could be haunted!
Gasp! You may not realize this, but just like your Grandma's old Victorian home, your work place could be haunted, too. Perhaps the real reason you dread going to work is not due to the pile of paperwork sitting at your desk. The real problem is Spookster the Ghost lurking around the corner. He is out to get you and you never even realized it.
Well, have no fear! I am here to help you determine if your office is haunted. If you find yourself nodding your head while reading this, you might even want to get a new job... or an exorcist!
Signs Your Office is Haunted
- Someone has been stealing food out of the refrigerator at work. Even worse, crumbs and sandwiches with bite marks are left behind on the table. Is the ghost just out to taunt you? This could be the case.
- Every time you use the bathroom, there are strange odors in the public restroom. Sometimes the toilet even flushes by itself. Every now and then, you even hear an odd spraying noise while you are in the stall. That noise is immediately followed with a sweet scent or an orange scent. It is rumored ghosts are able to leave a scent behind; this seems like the most plausible explanation.
- Carla in the next cubicle has been constantly chanting lately. You believe she is warding off what must be a ghost in her area. The chanting does sound a bit like "just 2 more hours to go" and then "just 1 more hour to go" and so on. Although this seems like some type of countdown, surely it means something more than that. Voodoo curses are so hard to decipher.
- The copy machine is constantly possessed by an evil force. What else could explain the paper jams and ink blotches that occur on a regular basis? After all, the copy machine repair guy says there is absolutely nothing wrong with the machine. Who are you to question an authority figure like that?
- Your co-workers are often walking around with a dead look in their eyes. It seems as if their will to live is being sucked right out of them. The ghosts must be getting to them.
- The strange yelling that comes from the boss's office can't possibly emanate from any human. There is probably some type of poltergeist activity happening since books, phones, or papers are thrown about on a fairly regularly basis. It is just lucky his head has not started to spin!
- The electricity goes out for periods of time. The ghost must be trying to spook you out when the lights go out. He is probably the one making those prank collections calls, too.
- You hear howling coming from the next office. Sure, you realize Shirley has a new puppy that she jokes about bringing to work, but surely Shirley can't be serious.
- Your co-worker, Bob, is frequently visited by a ghost that takes away all his energy. This must be the case since he can be found napping in the boardroom from time to time. It is pretty innovative how he takes the copy paper, bunches it up, and makes a pillow underneath the boardroom table. He is also haunted by this entity during meetings. That energy-zapping ghost is unrelenting during meetings about future meetings to schedule more meetings. Bob goes out like a light!
- You often find co-workers in the bathroom wiping away tears from their eyes. When confronted, they seem embarrassed and don't want to talk about it. Clearly, they have encountered a demonic presence of some type. There is no other explanation. What kind of world would we live in if it was actually work, mean-spirited customers, and grumpy co-workers bringing people to tears?
Not As Scary As I Thought...
Hey, wait a minute, why are you guys becoming so skeptical all of a sudden? Are some of you actually laughing at this hub and not taking me seriously? I see, you seem to think this hub is not so accurate. OK, OK, so perhaps some of these examples just simply suggest you work at a crummy job. Well, OK, I guess all of these examples suggest you work at a crummy job.
If any of these examples are happening to you, you are probably just working at a normal office with miserable co-workers. However, if you are working at an office and you happen to see your desk move by itself, you might want to search for a paranormal group in your area. You might just have a ghost on your hands!
Keep this in mind though... if a ghost is the worst thing at your office, your job might be alright after all. In general, I've always found the living can do way more harm than the dead.
© 2013 Jeannie InABottle