High Demand High-Paying Jobs In Australia
The number of jobs added to the Australian economy in February 2013 blew past economists’ expectations.
Jobs Gain Significantly 2010 - 2016
The largest gain in jobs in 13 years since February 2000 occurred in Australia in early 2013.
Specifics Of Australian Job Gains in February 2013:
- Total of Gains and Losses: The number of full-time jobs increased overall by 17,800; part-time jobs by 53,700.
- New South Wales is Australia's most populated state and increased jobs by 22,000. By October 2014, over 105,600 openings were advertised online.
- Victoria is the nation's second largest state and increased jobs by 37,900, more than making up for a loss of 34,800 jobs during January 2013.
- See the embedded link for further information.
Another View: Australia adds equivalent of 1 million U.S. jobs
August 20, 2015:
- Australia showed over 105,000 open full-time job postings on its popular job search site called SEEK.com.au. Healthcare and sales jobs were in highest demand.
- As for part-time job openings, the country listed with SEEK over 30,000 openings.
- Considering jobs with salaries at $150,000 or more annually, SEEK.com showed 9,300 job listings.
- Job listings for New South Wales numbered over 55,300 openings.
Australia Jobs, June 2010 - 300% of Projections
300+% Job Increase Over Projections in June 2010
During the summer of 2010, news from the respected business economy publication BLOOMBERG BUSINESSWEEK (reference link) was that Canada and Australia seemed little touched by the Recession of 2008-2010 that affected USA, UK, and other countries. At the same time, Australia experienced Unemployment in June 2010 of only 5.1%, the low rate when compared with USA and UK an indicator of open job listings in high demand of workers.
The number of job listings gathered across the Internet for Australia reached over 165,400 on the jobs search engines by June 2010.
A story on Yahoo!Finance on July 9, 2010 stated that Australia (ca.news.finance) possessed 11,100,000 people actively on the job; according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics (reference). A report showed that economic forecasters predicted 15,000 new jobs for June 2010, but that the nation actually created 45,900 additional jobs - just over 300% of projections..
Employment Projections for 2010 - 2020
A full copy of Australia Business Forecast Report Q3 2010 is a report published by Business Monitor International and for sale online at the price of 335 GBP.
Overall, a broad summary for the upcoming 4thQTR 2010 is a 2.3% total growth forecast for the country’s economy, spurred by continued business and government investments and the increasing Chinese demand for Australian resources. This all led to a remarkable creation of 45,900 jobs instead of the forecast 15,000 in projections for June 2010, the end month of 3rd QTR. This trend is a firm continuation of marked growth beginning 4th QTR 2009. Chinese and Australian real estate sectors have also, reportedly, shown economic strength and growth during the last 12 months.
Whether there will be a slowdown or downturn in Australian and Chinese real estate during and after 4th QTR is uncertain during summer 2010. However, jobs continue to be created in July, but some analysts wonder about a possible Chinese property crash in 2010 – 2011 that would decrease the currently increasing demand for Australian resources in China. China’s business behaviors also include purchasing Australian companies and it will be interesting to see if this trend also continues. Other factors in economic growth include newly proposed resource taxes and their expected impact.
Employment Outlook To November 2018
The following top jobs are expected by the Australian labor department to provide the largest numbers of new positions:
- Healthcare for Aged and Disabled
- Sales Assistants
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- General Clerks
- Child Care people
- Retail Store Managers
- Advertising Managers
- Education Aides
New South Wales (especially Sydney), Queensland, and Victoria are the areas expected to gain the most new jobs.
During Fourth Quarter 2017, one of the most in-demand occupations was "recruitment consultant", because so many new jobs were becoming available, especially in Information and Communication technologies.
Top 10 Australian Jobs Desperate for Workers
The following occupations are often highly paid and require advanced education. Australia needs more trained professionals for these jobs:
- Environmental health officers
- Physicians: general practitioners
- Home healthcare nurses
- Exercise physiologists
- Medical practice managers
Location of the Most Jobs
Most employment opportunities are in the eastern regions:
- Sydney NSW: Australia's Seek.com found 36,000 full-time job openings here throughout December 2017.
- Melbourne VIC
- Brisbane QLD
- Perth WA
- New South Wales, all cities.
- Canberra ACT
- Adelaide SA
- Queensland, all cities.
- Victoria, all cities.
- Western Australia overall.
Companies Hiring the Most Workers Most Frequently
- Michael Page: Employment placement specialists.
- Marriott International: Hotels and entertainment.
- Randstad: Employment placement specialists.
- Domino's and Pizza Hut pizza chain shops..
- Page Personnel
- Gough Recruitment (523)
- Programmed Skilled Workforce
- Retailworld Resourcing
Most Frequently Advertised Jobs
- Business Development Managers
- Recruitment consultants
- Store Managers and Assistants
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Project Managers in information and communication technologies.
- Account Managers, especially for big-ticket items like financial products
- Payroll officers: employee pools are growing.
- Business Analysts
- Sales professionals of all kinds.
Additional Fast-Growing Jobs: Australia Mining Futures
Business Monitor International also suggested that the 2010 - 2014 outlook for Australian mining industry overall was a strong one. In fact, the predicted growth at an average pace of 6.8% continued during the years 2010 - 2015.
As discussed above, China and other Asian nations exerted high demand for natural resources mined in Australia and Asian countries well beyond 2015.
Australian Mining is a top relevant news publication about advances, current events, and futures in the mining industry around Australia. It provides the latest technical information available in the industry, including advances in equipment, mining techniques; old, new, and currently most effective mining methods; and a number of services to the mining industry.
Minerals and ores of most interest include nickel, gold, iron, and magnetite, among others. Related jobs are listed on the site as well.
During Third Quarter 2017, the Australian Research & Space Exploration became an independent program for promoting the national space program and related efforts.
Australian Space Program Resurgence
Aerospace activities in Australia are under a resurgence of interest as the Australian Space Research Institute increases its energies. An all-volunteer organization, it relies on efforts provided by Australian Universities like Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology and others.
Rocket launches are scheduled regularly at Woomera Australian Defense Force Facility, while additional projects are on hold and waiting funding and personnel in future.
The town of Woomera is owned by the Australian Defense Force. It offers visits to one of the most recognized aerospace historical sites of the 1960s - 1990s, to the Woomera National Aerospace and Missile Park at town center, a visitors information center, a heritage interpretation center, and a museum. There is also film theater, bowling alley, swimming pool, retail shops, taverns, and others. Additional visits take tourists into the desert for the wildlife and plants. Woomera Marine Centre is also interesting.
Visiting and Working in Australia Through 2025
Since 2010, a call seems to be out to move to Australia.
The website Embrace Australia at www.embraceaustralia.com stated in 2010 that higher numbers of British residents immigrate to Australia than any other nation.
The site relays information from publications such as Currency UK that suggest that the UK economy is rather uncertain and may remain so, while Chinese trade interest in Australian resources remains high and also is likely to remain so for some years.
Embrace Australia tells us that many British residents retire to Australia as well as to emigrate for work, obtaining actual work visas.
Australian Advantages for Living and Working
- Besides a strong economy, the climate in Australia is more pleasant overall for the British tired of wet weather and Americans tired of the cold in the north.
- Education for children in Australia is advertised as top notch. Reports are that 80% of youth attend higher education facilities as well.
- An NHS system is named Medicare in Australia and offered to permanent residents. However, private healthcare remains available via arrangements at work.
- Much of the culture is located within a short distances of Australian coastlines and beaches, involving outdoor activities much of each year.
- Sightseeing can be done in any number of landscapes, from rain forests to deserts.
- Aboriginal Peoples still call the continent and country home in many areas and offer tours and handcrafted items.
Best Australian Job Search
- Best Jobs Australia :: Australian job search, job bank, employment and recruitment
Jobs in Australia. Job and resume bank. Free job search by email. Free job advertising for employers.
- Jobs in Australia | Immigration to Australia | Working In Australia
Looking for Jobs in Australia or Immigration to Australia information. Get visa, immigration and career information to help you work in Australia.
- SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site
SEEK is Australia's number one jobs site. Search or browse jobs across Australia. Find work or recruit the ideal candidate. SEEK and you shall find.
- Currency UK, quoted on Embrace Australia. www.embraceaustralia.com Retrieved 2010; website subsequently sold to a psychic network.
- Glover, A. Hardest Jobs in Australia to Fill Revealed. Daily Mail UK. www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5169997/Hardest-jobs-Australia-revealed.html#ixzz514xSTp19 Retrieved December 12, 2017.
- Indeed.com: job listings and recommendations for Australia during December, 2017.
- Kennedy, M. Australia Says It Is Launching Its Own Space Agency. NPR The-Two-Way. September 26, 2017. www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/09/26/553713207/australia-says-it-is-launching-its-own-space-agency Retrieved December 12, 2017.
- Pash, C. The 20 Hardest Jobs to Fill in Australia. Business Insider Australia. December 12, 2017.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
Questions & Answers
© 2010 Patty Inglish MS