Job Ideas for People with Agoraphobia
Money-Making Opportunities for Agoraphobics
With agoraphobia, it's hard to get out to work or even go to work. Some agoraphobics, no matter how bad or anxious they feel, are still able to hold down a job and make it through. Others simply do not have this choice, as they can barely function at all, even in their own home, also known as their comfort zone.
Having agoraphobia myself, I understand how you may feel about not being able to get out and go to work. It's really hard to face your fear and work through the horror of panic attacks, but over time you will be able to overcome all that has happened to you and be able to live a completely normal anxiety-free life.
But for now, and until that day comes, you need something to do in order to be able to make some money until you can get yourself back up and living again. I have tried to put together a list of different things and jobs that you could do in the comfort of your own home to help you to make some extra money to get through until the next step of your life . Don't worry, it won't be long!
- If you're okay with being around other people, you could start babysitting from your home. You set the rates and the times, and don't take on more than you can handle. Remember, during this period in your life, you need to stay as stress-free as possible.
- Pet sitting is a easy way to make some extra money Set it up so that customers drop off and pick up pets at your house only. Add outdoor kennels and more to build yourself up.
- If you have extra items that you no longer need, have a yard sale. If you have a problem with going all the way outdoors, either use this to your advantage to learn to face your fear for a day, or pick a room in your house to set up and allow them to come into that room for the sale. Make sure to block off all other rooms and make it so that no one can see the rest of your house. This is a safety procedure, so that people can't see what you have in case they are the type to stake out places to rob. Always put safety first!
- Sell items on Ebay or Amazon. There are many ways you can set up a business like this. Sell items you already have, or purchase items from yard sales if you are able to get out, or find places to buy wholesale that ship to you. A lot of these places require a wholesale license but some do not. Make sure you have a printer and a postal scale to be able to handle everything from home.
- There are also different websites you can look into to make arts and crafts and sell your items from the comfort of your own home. There are a lot of them, so do a full search and find the one that fits you best.
- Hand craft your own jewelry and start selling jewelry online or from your home. People tend to like jewelry so be creative! Whether earrings, necklaces, bracelets, etc. There is always someone out there looking for something unique and different!
- Also you can build your own website to sell items from your home. There are many places you can go online to get a free webpage to start your own online business. Then after you get it up and running, simply start advertising. One of the best places to advertise is Facebook. There is many users on there that will get the word out for you, and let's face it, the more people talk, the more people come to your shop, the more money you make. Also another way to get the word out on your store is to have giveaways and raffles.
- Freelance writing is a good way to make extra income. You can find a site like HubPages and simply start writing articles. Please know, you will in no way start earning fast. It will take a few months before you can build up enough articles to start making a steady income. But after writing and writing and writing some more you can make a lot of steady income; it just depends on how much determination you have.
- Photography. There are a lot of sites like shutterfly where you can take pictures and put them up for sale on their site. You have to be able to take really good pictures to qualify.
- For fun money you can find sites to take surveys on. They will contact you when they have surveys available and if you qualify you take the survey and make the cash. Best one I have personally found is mysurvey.com. They give you points that build based on surveys and you can cash in the points for money, gift cards, or gifts.
- There are a bunch of different call centers that allow you to work from home, taking their calls and placing orders into their computer sites. You will need to look around to find the one that is right for you. Simply put "work at home call centers," "messengers," or "telemarketers from home" in your url and browse to see what you come up with. You may be surprised; there are actually a bunch out there.
- Depending on what type of person you consider yourself to be—I'm saying this cause I am not out to offend anyone in any way—you can also start an at-home webcam chat service. There are many sites looking for at-home adult workers, whether phone operator or webcam chat person. You set your own schedule and they pay awesome; you make your pay rate by the minute. The more steamy you are, the more money you will make. It is completely up to whether you are comfortable working in that field or not. That is your choice! You are you, and you are out to make yourself happy!
There are many options out there, you just have to look.
Remember never pay to work for a company online; more than likely it is a scam. If they ask for payment up front, please do not make the payment and continue to search for something else. A lot of people have been taken advantage of. Please do not allow yourself to be one of them. Just be careful and watch closely the sites you decide to do work for.
If for any reason this disorder has a complete hold on you, and no matter where you turn you simply cannot find a way to make money, you really should look into drawing disability. This disorder can leave you truly disabled and unable to function correctly. If at any point in time later you feel like you have fully recovered, you can easily give up the disability if you want to continue to live a full normal life without being labeled.
I hope this at least helps you to see some options you have for making some kind of money at home. I know how you feel. Remember you are not alone.
If you would like to find others that have this disorder, please go to mdjunction.com as they have the best support group you could ever think of. You can list discussions on anything and get advice from anyone there who has the same disorder as you. They also have categories for almost any illness you can think of so invite your friends. And if they are missing a category, asl administrator to make the support group you are looking for and they will, without hesitation. Really great people! We are all there to help each other until we are free again!
Stay positive, stay focused, and keep moving forward. Remember this disorder cannot and will not harm you, nor will it kill you. You are safe, your mind is just telling you otherwise. Do not feed the fear; face the fear and live happy! Good Luck to all of us.
Never give up on life or on yourself! You are stronger than this! You can and will beat this...one step at a time, one step after the other!
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.