Hot Jobs: The Top 10 Micro-Cities of the Future in North America
What is a Micro-City?
Working with labor market trends for 15 years, one learns about several different community sizes in America that include metropolitan and micropolitan areas, while some metro areas combine together, or with micro areas, to form additional metroplexes and combined statistical areas. All of these areas are often used to examine and forecast labor market trends and other events by various departments of the US federal government. They can also be employed by state and county government for local forecasts and planning.
A micro-city is a small city or micropolitan area that supports fewer than 10,000 in population. The popular Top 10 Lists of Best Cities offered by entities such as Money Magazine, Forbes.com online, Kiplinger, US News and World Reports, CareerBuilder job search engine and other news-analytical organizations often include a "small cities" Top-10 designation. This would include micro-cities.
The following Top 10 Micro-Cities are tops for foreign investors that are increasing their investments in new businesses for good reasons.
Number 1 Micro-City in North America: Greenville SC
Top 10 North American Micro-Cities
1) Greenville, South Carolina- Number 1 Micro-City in the USA. South Carolina is a beautiful state on the US Atlantic Coast. One of the original 13 British Colonies in America and one of the first US States, South Carolina is home to many sites on the National Register of Historic Places and Greenville is not an exception. A review of the City of Grenville, with background and an examination of the employment market through 2014 is found at Top 10 Hot Jobs in Greenville.
2) Wilmington, Delaware - A historic region among bustling hubs of commerce and politics, Wilmington is an excellent site for finding a job in Information Technology (IT), Healthcare Professions, and Retails Sales from from salesperson to management.
3) Victoria, British Columbia; Canada - This is one of my favorite cities in North America and one I would gladly visit several times a year, schedule permitting. Besides its historic and cultural sites and activities, its people are the friendliest I have ever known thus far. Visit Victoria as a Winter Vacation Spot.
4) Surprise, Arizona- I had never heard of this town before composing this article! However, I fond it most interesting, with planned retirement communities and a mall on the same scale as Mall of America under construction. New developments along these lines and the already abundant jobs certainly make this a Southwest Micro-City for the Future.
8) Fargo, North Dakota- The Fargo-Moorhead Metro Area is recognized for high-quality ongoing development via technology in Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, and Information Technology (IT). In addition to its name as a top micro-city on the entire continent, this metro area has been recognizes as one of the Top 25 Small Cities for Jobs and Business in the USA. Review employment projects and job opportunities at Top 10 Hot Jobs in Fargo-Moorhead.
9) Danville, Virginia- Technology is increasing in the historic city of Danville with the opening of a new Hi-Tech Lithium Ion Battery Company in town that brings new jobs to the micro area. Sustainability and Alternative Energy Sources are a prime focus of business development in Danville and Tourism is a large source of the economy in this former American Colony. Read about the local history of the Crossing of the Dan and a city review.
10) Santa Fe Springs, California - The very name of this 10th Micro-City sounds happy and peaceful. This city is proactively helping the local Tongva Nation to regain their former lands, including burial grounds, and renew education efforts to preserve their languages and culture.
5) Ogden Utah- This micro-city is part of the larger Ogden-Clearfield metropolitan area and was names as one of the Top 30 Cities for Jobs in the USA, in the Number 26 slot. Its standard of living is higher and cost of living lower than average in America. Look further at the Ogden areas at Hot Jobs in the Ogden Metro Area.
6) Idaho Falls, Idaho- This city has made it onto several Top 10 Lists in the 2000s. One of their leadership's recognized qualities is their focus on creating abundant alternative energy sources and new jobs to administer and distribute sustainable energy. You can read about all this at the link: Top 10 Hot Jobs in Idaho Falls - Alternative Energy
7) Pocatello, Idaho- Pocatello job listings show the most openings in Government Grant Administrators (some connected with the 2009 Stimulus Packages); Retail Managers, Assistant Managers and Salespersons; General Managers, and Physicians. The Largest Employers within 25 miles from city center include Voyage Healthcare recruiters, US Military.com, The Army National Guard, Gecko Hospitality, Flying J, Sears, and Idaho State University. Look at a review at The City Where You Cannot Frown.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.