Companies That Send Free Stuff When You Write Them A Compliment Letter
One day a light bulb went off in my head. I realized that over the years I have literally spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on my favorite brands of shampoo, food, clothing, and many more things I use in my everyday life. Isn't it time for these multi-billion dollar companies give me something back for my customer loyalty?
I decided to write letters to several companies explaining all of the things I like about their products. In my letters I asked them if they were willing to give me a free sample in exchange for me spreading the good word about their merchandise. Some companies never wrote back but that was not surprising. On the other hand, after about one week of completing and sending my letters a huge box came in the mail filled to the brim of free full size products from one of the companies I selected.
I can explain how you can do this too.
Were you aware that companies will send you free products and free products coupons just for writing them a letter with your honest feedback? I have received tons of free things from companies with no strings attached by simply writing them a letter or e-mail of praise and return have gotten free stuff worth hundreds of dollars. On-line surveys and free sample web-sites are totally unnecessary and a waste of time. The best way to get free stuff from companies is by simply writing them a letter on your own. Many companies have so many products to give away that you will be overjoyed that you asked. Some companies don't respond at all but several of them do. Some things I have received are:
- free products coupons
- gourmet food
- cleaning supplies
- amusement park tickets
In this article you will discover my special way of receiving free stuff that has blessed my family and I with a very lucrative amount of valuable merchandise, free meals, and free entertainment.
1. The First Step
First and foremost you will need to make a list of the companies that you would like to write to. Check out the names of companies on products in your pantry, laundry room, and closets. Below are my favorites that I have had luck with. Chances are you may have luck with them as well.
- Food - Sorrento Cheese, Heinz, Lipton, Lays Chips, and Barilla Pasta. I received either free products coupons or money off coupons from these companies.
- Cleaning Supplies - Tilex, Brawny, 3M, and Bon Ami
- Personal Care - Burts Bees, Tressume, Dove Soap, Loreal, and St. Ives. I received some great samples from these brands.
- Misc. - Hefty Trash Bags, Milos Dog Biscuits, and Pirates Adventure Mini Golf.
2. The Next Step
Now that you have your list of companies you will need to find their contact information. You may do this either by locating the information on the actual package or by going on the companies web-site under their "contact us" tab. Sometimes it can be a little tricky to find their contact information. If this happens, I would simply move on to the next company.
A Letter or an E-mail?
I prefer to e-mail companies in order to save time and money on postage. Nevertheless, the success rate is better when writing a hand written letter being that it is more special and personal.
Now you are ready to start writing!
Burts Bees Inc.
Attn: Consumer Care
P.O. Box 24305
Oakland, CA 94623
3. It's Time to Start Writing
Now it's time to write your company a letter. Tell them the specific reasons why you have used their brands over the years and how their products have impacted your everyday life in a positive way. Add a personal experience and don't forget to include that you would love to receive some samples or coupons. Below us an outline I use:
1. How much you love their product line. Tell the company why you adore their products so much. For example "Your lunch meat is so wholesome and fresh I couldn't picture my kids growing up without it!" "It has saved my our family money and made us healthier over the years." I would devote a solid paragraph to this and include two or three of their products.
2. Tell them that you have faith in them. "The reason why I buy your brand is because I know you deliver a stellar product every time" or "Your brand has never let me down, I have used some comparison brands and they have not even come close in quality."
3. Include a personal story: "When I started using your facial scrub I immediately starting receiving compliments on how much more youthful my skin looked."
4. Tell them how much you would love to try some other products they make: "Your facial scrub has had such a positive impact on my appearance that I would love to try some of your other products." "Would you be willing to send me some samples?" "I would be so excited and would love to spread more positive feedback both on Amazon.com and to my friends and family!"
Make sure you keep the following things in mind when writing your letter.
- Be sure not to write to them just to get free things. Whomever is reading your letter will notice and will not send you anything. Be truthful with what you are telling them, you really do admire their products so be sure to tell them that.
- State what your favorite products are and the exact reasons why.
- Share a personal story or experience.
- Don't exaggerate or go over the top. Be clear and to the point.
This letter is to a mini golf course.
Dear Old Pro Mini Golf,
The reason why I am writing this letter is because my family and I love your golf course and think it's a blast! We frequently visit your location when the weather starts getting nice. Most of the time we bring our extended family and make it an afternoon outing.
Your mini golf facility is refreshing with it's beautiful waterfalls and beachy theme. The main reason why we love Old Pro Golf is because it is fun for all ages. I plan to remain a faithful customer for many years to come.
Now that Spring has arrived I already have two outings planned at Old Pro Golf and we will be visiting your diner as well.
I have recommended your mini golf course to several of the parents in my son's baseball league. It seems like they have tried your place and adore it as well. Every time an out of town friend comes in for a visit I always plan a day at your mini golf in order to entertain the kiddos as well as the adults.
Old Pro Golf is a sure thing for cherished family memories. I would love it if you could send me some discount coupons or vouchers so that I can save some money at your place in the future. I would be so thankful, keep up the great work!
Below is a sample letter to a made-up candle company called "Home Sweet Scents." I made-up this company, any resemblance to another company is a coincidence.
Dear Home Sweet Scents Candle Company,
The reason why I am writing this letter to your company is because I absolutely love your candles. Home Sweet Scents is the most stellar candle company on the market. Your candles have transformed my home into an even more beautiful place. Your candles have added such a great ambiance to my home over the years and have made it a happier place to be.
My favorite candle of your is your Pumpkin Spice candle which is perfect during the Fall. It has a crisp and festive pumpkin scent. I admire the way it's triple wicks make the scent even stronger. I also love the fact that is a soy candle which gives it a cleaner burn.
Most of the candles I have come across over the years have a weak scent while being burned and leave a soot like substance on my curtains. Your candle line does not and I feel that you have done an amazing job.
I am a strong believer that there is no place like home and Home Sweet Scents candles make my home an even cozier and comforting place to be. I am huge fan of Home Sweet Scents and always take time to show my house guests your candles and let them smell how delicious their scent is. I have also left some positive reviews on Amazon.com and Wayfair.com. Many of my friends have also tried your candles and love them.
Being such a big fan, I would be overjoyed if I could try some of your candles from your Christmas Scent line. Would you be able to spare any samples and send them to me? I would be forever thankful and would be sure to leave some new reviews for them on-line as a token of my appreciation! Thank you.
Great Things To Include In Your Letter
Below are some sentences that will help out a lot when included in your compliment letter.
- Your products are the best on the market.
- Over the years I have come to trust your company and you have never let me down.
- Your . . . . is marvelous! Every time I use it I feel like I am taking a mini vacation.
- Thank you for making a product that has changed my life.
- My kids are very picky eaters and they devour your . . . . every time.
- Your . . . . are so well made that they seem like somebody made them by hand.
- I admire the way your . . . . is organic and natural. There are many companies out there that make their . . . . with too many preservatives.
- I use your . . . . both at home and when I am out and about.
- My friends have also switched to your brand and now we are all huge fans.
- You have changed the world with your incredible . . . .
I would be overjoyed to try some of your other products. Would you be able to send me some samples? Thank you!
Most of the sentences I use do get repeated which makes writing letters get a lot easier over time.
The Gift Wrap Company
Sent me a large box of gift bags, tissue paper, and cupcake holders
Chicken Viola Meals
They mailed me $1 off coupons
Mrs. Myers Cleaning Products
"Due to many request it is not our policy to send out free samples"
American Crew Hair Care Products
Did not hear back from them
Kimberly Clark Diapers
Mailed me one free voucher for a box of diapers
Cheeburger Cheeburger Restaurant
Mailed me discount vouchers for two meals
They do not send samples at this time
X-tra Laundry Detergent
Have not heard back from them yet
Montebello Organic Pasta
Only send samples out to bloggers
Sent me both a sample of mascara and lipstick
Has anybody written a letter to a company and received something free for their feedback?See results without voting
An Unfinished Project
My experiment with writing letters to companies is still in progress. During the past few weeks I have written several more letters in hopes to get some more awesome stuff in the mail.
Please feel free to reach out to me if you would like to hear any more responses I may receive!
How to Get Free Stuff
"I read your article and decided to give it a try. Stefano Foods is sending me two free products coupons for their Stromboli, Crayola sent me a full size box of crayons, molding clay, and a few of their glitter markers. Nailene is using me as one of their product reviewers for their marketing research, in exchange they sent me a box of nail care products to review. Last but not least, Arby's sent me vouchers for four free lunches!" Thank you for your article, Jessica M.
More by this Author
Freebie websites and links flood the internet. In reality, most of them aren't worth the effort. I did the research on substantial freebies that are worth your precious time!
Time and effort often take the place of money and high paying jobs.
- 350 Kick Ass Companies That Will Send You Expensive Free Products If You Write Them A Compliment Letter
Read about my life changing project that helped me afford to give my children the Christmas they always wanted