How to Get Completely Free Manufacturer Samples by Mail With Free Shipping
Manufacturers give away samples of their products all the time. They want you to try their latest product so much that you will want to buy it again and again. They want you to like their product better than their competitors and know that only if you try them, will you be able to compare them.
They know you don't want to waste your money trying something you may not like, and are willing to reduce your risk. But they want to save money too. Instead of wasting their money on sending their brand new products to everyone, manufacturers want to send them to people who are willing to try out new things and will use them.
That's where we come in. There is a special joy to get a squishy package and boxes in the mail to break the monotony of bills and junk mail, knowing that you are getting them for free without any obligation. You feel powerful as a consumer, and get to try high quality, top of the line products, that may not fit your budget. These are usually new on the market as well, so you get to try the newest products on the market.
All of the samples we discuss here are free. You should not have to pay a single cent to get them. You don't even have to pay for the shipping or postage.
It is really easy to get this stuff: All you have to do is find an offer and ask for the sample to be mailed to you. Usually the only information you have to provide is your name and address, but sometimes you will be asked some questions to see whether you qualify for the offer.
Once you have tried the product, you can even provide feedback to the manufacturer, but you are not even required to do that.
Other manufacturers besides the ones listed here offer samples and coupons for their special customers. If you have a particular preference for a brand, you may wish to go to their website to see if they have a mailing list. Alternatively, you can call the 1-800 number on the label of the product and ask to be placed on the list.
Companies That Offer Free Samples
Target offers free samples from time to time. You can go to their website directly and see what free products they have to offer. If they don't have any when you are looking, just try again later. When you find something you like, just fill in the form, and they will mail the item to you for free.
Walmart also offers samples on their website. Like Target, you just visit the site from time to time, and when they have products that you want, just request them and provide your name and address. They will mail the product to you at no cost, without a shipping or handling fee.
Check to see if your favorite grocery or department store provides these opportunities. Costco provides samples, but some of them are only available to their card members.
Many manufacturers use Facebook to give away coupons and samples. When you "like" their Facebook page, they will give you the opportunity to request a sample, or print out a coupon.
Ideas for Using Freebies
- Indulge in the latest brand name product.
- Tuck into gift baskets.
- Use portable items while traveling.
- Put in guest room as welcome gift.
- Give away to friends and family.
- Stocking stuffers.
- Easter basket goodies.
- Donate to food pantry or homeless shelter.
- Buy less and save money.
Sample Aggregating Sites
While you can go directly to a manufacturer's site, it can be quite a chore to regularly visit all the sites to see when they are offering something. There are many samples sites that do that work for you, and notify you when the samples are available.
Simply go to a site that gathers all this information all in one place. Try to find one that is in your local area or is big enough to be national, because some deals are only available regionally. You can even subscribe to the RSS or blog feed, and you can get the information straight to your mailbox or blog reader. Be careful when subscribing to these sites though. You may be inundated with more mail than you can handle. Be sure to look at the frequency of posts to decide the best way to get their information.
Get Lists of Free Samples from these Sites
- Free Product Samples | 100% Free by Mail
Free samples, 100% real freebies by mail, No Surveys, No strings attached and no shipping costs. Site updated daily!
- My Savings FREE SAMPLES | Free Product Samples
NO STRINGS ATTACHED. Get hundreds of legitimate free samples of products from brand name companies. Free shipping. This site also lets readers to add products to the list.
100% Real Freebies! Today's Free List is updated with a complete new list of Free Stuff every 24 hours. All the coupons & free samples by mail you'll need!
- All Free Samples - Sample Products by Mail & Online Freebies!
Lists free sample products from many sources in categories like candy, beauty products, food, makeup, cosmetics, condoms, perfume, cologne, baby, diet pills, etc.
Important Things to Know
- Most of these offers are limited to households in the United States.
- It will take about four to ten weeks for the item to reach your home so be patient.
- Most offers are limited to one for each household.
- These products are sample-size, not full size. You will get one to four uses out of a sample.
- Although not required, you may want to make a list of the offers you have requested, so you don't waste your time on ones you have already requested.
- Since these are offered in limited quantities, if you like an offer, order it right away.
- Since quantities are limited, do not order products you will not use right away. There is no reason to stockpile them and add clutter to your house, and it isn't fair to the manufacturer and to other people who will use them.
- Most of them give samples without any surveys, although some of them may allow you a chance to provide input about the product.
- Manufacturers tend to compete with each other, so sometimes you will find a whole bunch of different brands of razors that you can get for free. Other times you may find lots of free photo developing offers. These are great times to try different brands and companies to find which ones you like the best.
- Your information is only used to send the product to you, but you will generally get an option to get on their mailing list if you want.
- I don't think I have gotten a lot of spam from asking for samples, but to be safe, you may want to create a separate email address just for offers like these.
- Although you usually get a sample in the mail, sometimes you will receive a free coupon so you can get a full size product at the store.
- Often times, the sample will be accompanied by a large value coupon you can use on your next purchase. If you like the item, take advantage of these, since they will generally be on sale during the big marketing effort.
As you can see, it is very easy to find opportunities to get free samples, and all you usually have to do is request one. You will be able to try out a new, fresh to the market, high quality item without having to spend any money. It is a great way to treat yourself and save a little money.
Have you requested and received free samples in the mail?
Questions & Answers
Can I get free samples shipped to Trinidad?
Most of these offers are only available to people in the United States. You may want to see if free samples are available outside of the U.S., but I don't think these kinds of marketing strategies are used by companies in other countries as often as they are in the U.S.Helpful 4
How can I get free boxes, no surveys and no shipping cost?
I haven't seen boxes for free as samples, although some samples do come in boxes when they are big enough. I have had success in free getting plastic file boxes using rebates from an office supply place, but that was a while ago.Helpful 10
Can I get free manufacturer samples without an email and a forgotten password?
I have gotten many freebies without signing into a website. I did not need to give my email address or make a password. However, I did have to give my address so that the free product could be mailed to me. If you receive a free pattern or electronic coupon, you may need to set up an account with a password to receive. Each company chooses how to give away their samples, coupons, and other products.Helpful 7
Some companies offer free samples, but the products never arrive. Why?
It is possible that you found a source that is not legitimate to request your sample. I have always received the samples I requested, usually by six weeks. Make sure that the sites you use are legitimate and save a copy of your request. Then, if you don't receive the sample, you can call or write to ask them why.Helpful 5
© 2012 Shasta Matova