How to Buy on eBay without Paypal
Fortunately for you there is a way you can buy items on eBay without using PayPal, this method enables you to pay with your credit/debit card through the 'eBay guest checkout'. Virtually all of the eBay sellers accept credit/debit cards and your purchase will be covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee.
Just Follow the procedure stated below and you must be able to carry out a seamless and secure transaction.
- Clear you browser's history, cookies and everything else, better go with a fresh installation for example if you have been using Firefox you can install Chrome to work with this procedure (this is recommended).
- Actually what you need is a fresh browser with which you have not signed in to any Paypal account before, that explains why clearing the cookies is required.
- Now go to ebay.com, select your product in the normal way, click 'Buy it now' and proceed to the checkout.
- You will find an option to continue as a guest (Refer to the images below).
- If 'Register' appears in place of 'Continue as guest' you can register for a new ebay account and then move on to Step #3. Do not associate a Paypal account with this ebay account.
- Select continue as a guest and enter you shipping details.
- Next You will be asked to select a Payment option, here you have to select the Visa or MasterCard option.
Note: You will not be able to find this option in the checkout if you have used any Paypal account with the ebay account you are trying to use for this purchase. It will only appear if your current ebay account is completely oblivious of any Paypal.
- Enter your Credit/Debit Card details here.
- Scroll down and click Pay Now. You are done!
- You will be forced to signup to Paypal in order to complete your purchase and Paypal will receive your credit card information however once the purchase is complete delete that Paypal account so that you can reuse your email address and ebay account for another purchase.
- There is no other legit way to pay on ebay with credit cards other then this so you have no alternative other then to follow this if you want your purchase to be covered by the money back guarantee.
- You will have to clear your cookies again for another purchase.
Were you able to make a successful purchase on Ebay following this?
eBay has now officially allowed a third party payment gateway to accept credit cards for its sellers and some sellers have started accepting credit / debit cards directly through this gateway.
If your seller accepts credit cards directly you will see this in the payment details section in place of the usual Paypal logo.
If you go on to make a purchase with these sellers you will be taken to a page to enter credit card details. As you can note the url in screenshot, it is an authentic checkout page from eBay.
© 2014 StormsHalted