Pop up Display Stands, Portable Exhibition Booths
At a Glance ...
Read on to learn how pop-up displays can provide a flexible, economical and portable Exhibition booth for all your company's trade show needs.
You will also learn tips and tricks on
- choosing the very best position for your booth within the show
- maximizing the impact of your booth with graphics
- making it more eye-catching
- expanding it to fit the space allocated, with the addition of roller banners and accessories
Pop up Display Booths
Pop up, portable exhibition stand booths, with pop-up graphics for your trade show displays, are available in a variety of sizes.
Whatever the size of your exhibition space, pop up display stands will create an eye-catching seamless graphics display to suit your needs.
The popup display graphics can easily be updated or Banner Stands can be added to give your display booth a new look for every Exhibition you attend for minimal cost.
Lightweight, robust and portable, they are the affordable option for any company considering buying its own Exhibition booth.
An Eye-Catching, Seamless, Display Booth
What Are the Benefits of Pop up Displays?
1. The display system can be put together in a number of configurations to fit the Exhibition space and position you have chosen.
2. The graphics can be changed without having to buy an expensive new display system
3. A pop-up display booth is not heavy to transport. It is portable enough to be put together by one person.
4. A pop-up Exhibition booth is more robust than putting together several Banner Stands to fill the same area. Use Roller banner stands, X Banner stands and/or Teardrop banners to utilize any additional space and make maximum use of your booth space.
Choosing Your Exhibition Booth Position
Your portable Exhibition booth can be used in different configurations and can be utilized, for example on a left hand or a right-hand corner, or can be adapted to fit a longer, shallower stand space if required.
When booking your space at an Exhibition or Tradeshow, you will need to give very careful consideration to the position you choose within the Exhibition in order to maximise the impact and effect of your booth.
Request a floorplan of the Exhibition with details of the booth spaces still available.
One interesting fact that I have noted over the years is that 90% of all visitors to Exhibitions, turn left when they enter the Exhibition. This means that they will be visiting the booths on the right-hand side of the Exhibition last when they are most tired.
Choose your position very carefully. The choice of stand position is, I believe, the most important aspect for the would-be Exhibitor to decide upon.
Give careful consideration to the following:-
1. The areas which are likely to be most busy are main thoroughfares, routes to toilets, restaurants etc..
2. Most people turn to their left when entering an exhibition but also bear in mind that everyone needs a few moments to ‘acclimatize’ when they enter the hall. This means that they often walk straight past booths just inside the entrance while they are clipping on their badges, checking out the catalogue, etc.
3. Take advice from the organizers - it is in their interest to find you a good location for your booth.
4. If the position you want to be in is currently shown as a vacant 6m x 3m space but you only want a 3m x 3m, don’t be afraid to ask - organizers may split the area into two spaces to accommodate you.
Once you have chosen the position and booth size, it will be easy to adjust the configuration of your pop up display to make the best use of the space.
Consider a Corner Position with Open Sides
Accessorize Your Booth for Impact
Pop up Displays Can Be Put up by One Person
In the UK, I have dealt with several companies who supply pop up Exhibition Stands. Compact pop up display systems, complete with graphics, pack neatly into a wheeled case or cases for transport.
All pop-up displays can easily be set up and dismantled without using any tools. The basic stand gives you the flexibility to add additional panels and accessories.
The addition of roller banner stands can provide a low-cost solution to attracting visitors to a special offer or promotion only available at one particular Exhibition or Trade Show.
There are big advantages in terms of cost if one member of staff is able to transport the entire pop up display to the Exhibition in the back of a car and put up the entire display stand without hiring in contractors. Take a look at the video below for a demonstration of how quick and easy a simple pop up graphic backdrop is to put up.
It is also a huge advantage at the end of the Exhibition when everyone is tired that the entire trade show booth can be dismantled in a few moments and wheeled away to the car park. No waiting for transport in the queuing system to load your stand, no risk of contractors being delayed – it is all so simple and straightforward.
Maximizing the Effectiveness of Graphics
The golden rules for your Exhibition Booth are:-
1. It should be easily seen upon approach (it should 'stand out from the crowd' of other booths at the show.
2. It should be as open as possible: a corner position giving a stand with two open sides is ideal.
3. The corridor in front should be wide so that 'bottlenecks' are not created when people are viewing your stand.
Having considered the golden rules, look again at the Exhibition floor plan, use this to consider which direction(s) your visitors are most likely to arrive at your stand from.
The fundamental thing is to make the most impact from the graphics that visitors see first as they approach.
Because you want to maximize the impact of the first graphic visitors see, it may only be necessary to purchase new end panel graphics for your pop up displays as the center panels can remain standard, forming the core of your booth display and giving the key message or theme you want to convey for your company and product(s).
The end panels on a corner stand will have more prominence if the graphic curves round to form a pillar.
A good tip is to attach something eye-catching to the pillars, high up as this will attract the attention of visitors as they approach your booth from a distance. Inexpensive options are balloons or flags; more expensive options include display screens, colored lights or changing graphic images.
As visitors to the booth get closer, something at eye level is the most likely to get your message across.
Bright primary colors are more visible from a distance – although this will need careful consideration to make a harmonious whole when coupled with your corporate colors, logo and so on.
Your logo, if it is a long, thin shape may make a great impact vertically displayed, the entire length of one of the end panels.
For those trade shows where you have a larger booth space than normal, you can hire in additional modules, utilizing straight or curved panels to make your booth almost infinitely variable and fill the space available.
If you do not want to go to a lot of additional expense having complete graphic panels made for hired-in modules, choose a plain, fabric-covered version in a matching or toning color and affix poster graphics on these sections, perhaps highlighting key products or company achievements to gain maximum impact.
Why Choose a Pop-up Display System?
If you want a trade show booth that is truly portable and reusable many, many times, you need a Pop Up Display System. Banner stands can be a useful addition and are invaluable when giving presentations – however, at Trade Shows and Exhibitions, where there are a lot of people, the Banner stand is more likely to get damaged and need the graphic replacing after only a couple of shows in my experience.
I hope that this article has convinced you of the merits of this type of graphic display for your booth and given you ideas on how to maximize your company's trade show presence for minimum cost.
Questions & Answers
© 2010 Alison Graham