Kit is an avid eBayer who has used the platform for both buying and selling.
Feedback is an important part of eBay's online marketplace. After every transaction, buyers are encouraged to rate and describe their experience with their seller and vice versa. This feedback helps users build trustworthy reputations so that other users can feel confident transacting with them. Not sure what to write? Below are some examples of common buyer and seller feedback on eBay.
Feedback From Buyers to Sellers
In this section, you'll find examples of feedback to give to sellers after transactions.
Feedback for an Average Seller
- "Super quality! Quick delivery. Ever so marvelous packaging. First-rate service."
- "The item was outstanding. Swift to send. Packaging was good."
- "Remarkably pleased."
- "Excellent quality! Superior delivery."
- "Quality of the wrapping was high-standard. Item was of splendid quality!"
- "The packaging was remarkably nice. Super delivery."
- "The item was fantastic. Excellent delivery."
- "Notably wonderful packaging. Thanks."
- "Quality of item was great. Quality of the wrapping was good. Fantastic delivery."
- "The item was splendid! Ideal packaging."
- "Very quick dispatch. First-rate service."
- "First-rate quality! Remarkably swift dispatch."
- "The packaging was ever so pretty."
- "Good quality. Wonderful packaging."
- "Delivery was fantastic. Would buy from again. Item splendid."
- "Very, very high-standard delivery. Lovely packaging. Recommended."
- "The item was good. The packaging was ever so nice. Delivery was immensely quick. Item was first-rate quality."
- "Fine packaging. Notably super delivery. Item is of excellent quality."
- "Quick delivery. The packaging was very, very nice. Item was of super quality."
- "Great packaging. Delivery was high-standard. Item is of excellent quality."
- "Remarkably speedy delivery. Exceptional packaging. The item was superior! Quick delivery. Exceptional packaging."
- "Fantastic service. Item is of great quality! Quick delivery. The packaging was immensely wonderful. Item was of great quality."
- "Very, very wonderful packaging. Outstanding delivery. Item was of first-rate quality."
- "Pleasing packaging. Swift delivery. Recommended."
Feedback for a Top-Rated Seller
- "The item was superb and good. Immensely pleasing packaging. Delivery was superb. Item is of first-rate quality."
- "Wonderful packaging. Delivery was notably speedy. Item is of superior quality. Exceptionally speedy dispatch."
- "Excellent packaging. Item was of the most fantastic quality. Quick delivery."
- "High-standard packaging. Item is of first-rate quality! Speedy to send."
- "Quality of the wrapping was good. Item was of superb quality. Good delivery. The packaging was notably marvelous."
- "The item was good and first-rate! Very, very swift delivery. Splendid packaging."
- "Quality of the wrapping was outstanding. Quick to send. Item was of superb quality!"
- "Delivery was exceptionally speedy. Lovely packaging. Item good!"
- "The packaging was immensely neat. Speedy to send. Remarkably pleased."
Feedback for a Super Seller
- "The item was unrivaled. Notably swift delivery. Gorgeous packaging. Recommended."
- "Item sublime! Packaging was greatest. Quick delivery. Service was high-standard."
- "Quality of item was fine. Swift delivery. Packaging was prime. Excellent seller."
- "Item notable. Notably excellent packaging. First-rate delivery. Ever so pleased."
- "Very, very striking quality! Quick delivery. The packaging was notably graceful. Item exalted."
- "Quality of the wrapping was grand. Delivery was remarkably speedy. The item was superior! Packaging was matchless."
- "Exceptionally sterling delivery. The item was optimum and standout! Packaging was outstanding."
- "Sterling delivery. The item was meritorious!"
- "Quick delivery. The packaging was very, very tasteful. Quality of item was choice! Fab packaging."
- "Speedy to send. Would buy from again."
Feedback From Sellers to Buyers
In this section, you'll find examples of feedback to give buyers after selling them something on eBay.
Feedback for an Excellent eBay Buyer
- "Payment was very, very speedy. Remarkably pleased. Excellent buyer. Recommended."
- "Exceptionally excellent payment. Correspondence was good. Exceptionally pleased."
- "Ever so speedy payment. Thanks. First-class correspondence. Buyer is first-rate."
- "Immensely speedy payment! A very first-rate buyer. High-standard correspondence."
- "Ever so speedy payment! Thanks. Exceptionally pleased. Correspondence was great."
- "Remarkably fantastic payment! Recommended. Thanks. High-standard correspondence. Payment was superb! Immensely pleased."
- "Correspondence was high-standard. Thanks. First-rate payment."
- "Correspondence was high-standard. An immensely superb buyer."
- "Exceptionally quick payment. Buyer is great."
- "An exceptionally exceptional buyer. Exceptionally first-rate payment."
- "Good buyer."
- "An exceptionally first-rate buyer."
Feedback for a Fast-Payment Buyer
- "Payment was very quick. Splendid correspondence. An immensely first-class buyer."
- "Payment was immensely speedy! First-class buyer. A remarkably exceptional buyer."
- "Exceptionally quick payment. Wish all buyers were this outstanding. Recommended."
- "Exceptionally splendid payment. Buyer is high-standard. Correspondence was good."
- "Payment was immensely quick. Correspondence was outstanding. Buyer is fantastic."
- "Immensely swift payment! Excellent correspondence. Ever so pleased. Recommended."
- "Very, very outstanding payment. Buyer is first-class. Correspondence was superb."
- "Outstanding payment. Exceptional correspondence. Buyer is high-standard. Thanks."
- "Payment was excellent. An ever so first-rate buyer. Correspondence was splendid."
- "Immensely swift payment! A very, very first-rate buyer. Splendid correspondence."
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
Frank Smith on July 22, 2020:
Received the camel today 7/22/2020 in excellent condition. You did a fantastic superb packing job. You need to conduct classes on how to properly wrap items for shipment. Thank you for your prompt service. The camel will be added to a Nativity set I just purchased. Thank you again and pleasant sales. Fred
Isaac on May 26, 2020:
Hi there this seems good but I was looking for some examples of how to respond to negitive feedback from buyers
Darlene Dorn on January 31, 2020:
Read More From Toughnickel
BEWARE OF SELLING HIGH DOLLAR ITEMS like Diamond jewelry. My niece went to prison for 7 years because a Buyer claimed the Diamond ring she sold him was a fake. He sent back the ring with a switched stone, which was loose. She had the one he sent back examined at a jewelry store and they said the stone was glass. So..she told him he was not getting a refund. He had her arrested and the Sheriff's dept raided her home, took everything she had of value, and locked her up. She spent 7 years in prison while her kids grew up under an irresponsible Father.
firstname.lastname@example.org on January 03, 2020:
I made an offer on an item for sale A counter offer was sent back which I declined as it was HIGHER than the original make a bid/ make an offer. I then went back to the original item on eBay made a bit of the best bid which I had an email of confirmation that I was the highest bidder only to be sent an email to say my biz was cancelled. I then went on line again to look and the item I had originally bid for at ($150.00) was back on ebay at ($300.00) I don’t understand how this is allowed to e done
Brian doherty on July 17, 2019:
I purchased a 3 wheel trike through e bay ID number 183625718430 and paid by PayPal . As the trike was not to my expectations i tried the warranty return which was ridiculous to get them round the warranty. i paid 80aud for postage and it was going to cost me 1100aud to return it . as the trike cost 1200$ this was ridiculous. and e bay never ever answered my mail and PayPal were a waste of time because they agreed with the seller . I also took it up with the office of fair trading who also could not do anything for me as they said it was outside their duristriction . So what are they sitting in their plush offices for if they cannot do anything besides collecting their good salaries..
djl on May 09, 2019:
I HAD A BUYER BUY AN EXPENSIVE BROOCH FROM ME. HE IS EXPERIENCED BECAUSE HE HAS PLENTY ON HIS OWN SITE. ONCE HE GOT MY PIN HE CLAIMED IT WAS MISSING A PART WHICH IS NOT TRUE. HE REFUSED TO SEND BACK BUT HE 'S GOING TO USE MY EXPENSIVE CRYSTALS FOR HIS OTHER JEWELRY. NOW I SAY THAT'S A CROOK!!
Rob Newcombe on May 08, 2019:
I bought a super duper iPhone X cover for £18 78 pence from a eBay site in China. The item was not delivered confirmed by eBay and stated that I needed to send a complaint to eBay and they would honour the money back guarantee but I needed to get the complaint to the report section. I used the email address supplied to send my complaint but the email address did not exist so I got in touch with the customer service department and asked them to forward my complaint to the report section, after 6 days of attempting to get my complaint to the report section they closed the case and said the item was delivered. It certainly wasn’t delivered so their money back guarantee is a pile of shite. I have closed my eBay account down after buying loads of stuff over the years and the first time an item is not delivered they don’t adhere to their bull shite guarantee. Never again will I use eBay and remember users to take no notice of their promises. I believe it is fraudulent.
XYZ on April 25, 2019:
Sellers on Ebay not being able to leave negative feedback is extremely violation of our constitutional right and in particular our First Amendment freedom of speech, unprofessional!
Danuta Neisch on May 25, 2018:
The worst costumer service for sellers, not recommend to sell on eBay to anyone. They don’t care about selling at all , they don’t have any protection for sellers who is dealing with dishonest buyers.
Tracy Callinan on May 24, 2016:
eBay has to have the worst costumer service representatives I have ever came in contact with. Gone through Mary, "the supervisor", Jason, Drea, and Maria who all claim to have been "account specialists", yet not one single person has fixed my issue. I have been triple charged of over 65$ for a 22$ shipping label. I have been told numerous times I will be getting an instant refund. However, there is nothing instant going on here. Now of all the sudden, my instant refund has now become a 14-21 day refund. Ebay/Paypal are robbing me literally, they have over drafted my bank account twice this week alone. I have spent over 10 hours speaking with these misinformed, incompetent representatives. Here I am, on hold again, trying to solve the same problem I have been dealing with for a week now. On top of that I have been charged yet again for the same shipping label. As I write this, I have now been charged three times for a one time shipping label fee. My advice to anybody who is thinking about creating an eBay or Paypal account would be stop immediately. You will encounter problems with these services and they will not be handled in an acceptable manner. They will take every dollar they can and they will use that money to make more money, meanwhile you will be stuck waiting weeks to be refunded money in the event of an error (and believe me there will be a plethora of errors). Long story short, eBay may be one of the worst companies I have dealt with, save yourself some time and money and use resources such as craigslist or other websites to buy/sell goods.
john murphy on August 14, 2014:
thanks for that