Sckylar is a freelance writer with a special interest in writing material that helps others expand their minds and achieve their goals.
Any journey requires knowledge of where the hero is going. In mythology, the hero is called on a journey that, if they choose to accept, will change their life. In your life, you are the hero. And on your journey to riches, it's helpful to have some sort of map.
Reading is linked to heightened brain connectivity, increased memory, and can expand your attention span. As if that wasn’t enough, reading books with the goal of financial fortitude can guide you through your journey to your first million bucks. Here is a list of 10 books to help inspire you on your monetary adventure.
10 Essential Books to Help You Become a Female Millionaire
- The Attitude of Success: 10 Successful Habits of Successful, Confident Women by Sarah J. Collins
- Successful Women Think Differently: 9 Habits to Make You Happier, Healthier, and More Resilient by Valorie Burton
- The Next Generation of Women Leaders: What You Need to Lead But Won’t Learn in Business School by Selena Rezvani
- The Woman’s Guide to Successful Investing: Achieving Financial Security and Realizing Your Goals by Nancy Tenglar
- She Means Business: Turn Your Ideas into Reality and Become a Wildly Successful Entrepreneur by Carrie Green
- The Power of Unpopular: A Guide to Building Your Brand for the Audience Who Will Love You by Erika Napoletano
- You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
- You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth by Jen Sincero
- Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder by Arianna Huffington
- The Execution Factor: One Skill That Drives Success by Kim Perell
10. "The Attitude of Success: 10 Successful Habits of Successful, Confident Women" by Sarah J. Collins
I think we can all agree that any type of success begins with attitude. Got a crappy attitude? You’ll likely get crappy results. Even the shiniest of us can use a positivity kick in the rear every once in a while. Collins will do just that.
The Attitude of Success will teach you principles to help you get your mind off what you don’t want and how to focus on the things you do want.
9. "Successful Women Think Differently: 9 Habits to Make You Happier, Healthier, and More Resilient" by Valorie Burton
Successful people do not think the same as unsuccessful people. If they did, they wouldn’t be successful.
Successful Women Think Differently will teach you to train your thoughts to think like a successful person. Burton will teach you to bounce back from failure, create new thought processes that will guide you through your personal and professional life, and how to successfully reach your goals.
8. "The Next Generation of Women Leaders: What You Need to Lead But Won’t Learn in Business School" by Selena Rezvani
On a hero’s journey, the hero is often accompanied by a guide who can teach them life lessons. Let the 30 women in Rezvani’s book be your guide.
This book is filled with anecdotes from exceptional and successful women who are ready to pass on the wisdom they have acquired during their experience climbing the professional ladder and becoming top-ranking professionals in their fields.
7. "The Woman’s Guide to Successful Investing: Achieving Financial Security and Realizing Your Goals" by Nancy Tenglar
Maybe you’re interested in investing. After all, sensibly investing the assets you’ve worked hard for is a great way to maximize your earnings.
The Women’s Guide to Successful Investing provides an easier-to-understand approach to investment and will teach you key principles that you can implement to your own investment plan.
6. "She Means Business: Turn Your Ideas Into Reality and Become a Wildly Successful Entrepreneur" by Carrie Green
Say yes to turning your business ideas into a reality, and use She Means Business as your blueprint to business success.
Green has layered her book with practical business advice, action steps, advice for self-care (a very important aspect of business that we often forget!), and inspiration from her personal professional journey.
5. "The Power of Unpopular: A Guide to Building Your Brand for the Audience Who Will Love You" by Erika Napoletano
In order to be successful, you need to create a majorly popular brand that is liked by everyone. Right? Napoletano says wrong.
In her book, The Power of Unpopular, Napoletano will teach you how to niche your brand to your specific target demographic. Rather than attempting to appeal to the average consumer, Napoletano will teach you to build your brand’s personality, develop a community, and create brand advocacy. Forget the haters and learn the power of being unpopular with the right people. It just might be your key to success.
4. "You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life" by Jen Sincero
This is one of my favorite books on attitude and self-love, and, therefore, success. Sincero’s snarky, straight-talking, comedic voice is encouraging and her anecdotes are relatable.
When times get tough and the obstacles seem like too much, it is helpful and inspiring to be reminded that, yes, you are a badass and you will make your dreams a reality.
3. "You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth" by Jen Sincero
In Sincero’s follow-up book, she channels the same humor and sass that made her first book so enjoyable. She also teaches the fundamentals of how mindset is correlated with financial abundance.
This book will help readers overcome negative beliefs about money and help them to open their minds to the possibility of success. You’ll want to keep the You Are a Badass collection readily available to pick up whenever your financial adventure begins to feel like it is just a little too adventurous.
2. "Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder" by Arianna Huffington
Arianna Huffington had reached success—or so she thought. As the co-founder of a major media company (The Huffington Post), she had the money. She had the power. But it took a head injury for her to realize there is a third metric to success. Without well-being, are you really successful?
In her book, Huffington explores what it means to be successful and how you can change your life in small ways to stop surviving and start thriving.
1. "The Execution Factor: One Skill That Drives Success" by Kim Perell
In her book, Perell offers the philosophy that there is only one thing that separates a Regular Jill from a highly successful person: the ability to execute.
Perell does not believe that one must have a great idea, a high IQ, or an advanced degree to be successful—as long as they know how to execute. The Execution Factor will teach its readers the five traits of execution that will help you create the map to your success.
© 2019 Sckylar Gibby-Brown
Becca Whitestone from London, UK on September 26, 2019:
Thanks for this great list! I love reading this kind of book by successful women but there are several I haven't heard of on this list. My personal fave is You Are a Badass at Making Money by Jen Sincero! Love her humour as well as the inspiration!