How to Pay PLDT Using GCash
The Internet is now a huge part of everyone's life, especially in the Philippines. The country was even dubbed "the world's heaviest Internet user of 2019" by Hootsuite and We Are Social.
PLDT is one of the largest internet providers in the Philippines. This telecommunications, internet, and digital service holdings company is the oldest and largest telecom company in the country. As of the end of 2017, PLDT had more than 4.1 million home subscriptions. Paying for internet service from PLDT is now a part of the monthly routine of many Filipinos, much like paying monthly electricity and water bills. Most of us are trying to find easier ways to do these tasks, and modern technology offers us convenient mobile options like the GCash app.
GCash is a service from Globe Telecom that allows users to conduct cashless transactions, including buying load, booking movies, paying QR, shopping online, and sending money to others. As an authorized partner of Bayad Center (a Meralco company), GCash also allows you to pay your bills—including your PLDT Home internet service bill—electronically.
In this article, we'll go over how to conveniently pay your PLDT Home DSL or Fibr bill hassle-free on your phone from anywhere using the GCash app. Step-by-step instructions are provided below, along with a gallery of screenshots that illustrate each part of the process in order.
Note: If you don't have a GCash account, you will need to register with them and download the GCash app. Once you're registered, you can proceed to pay your bills and use the other services that the app offers.
How to Pay Your PLDT Home DSL/Fibr Internet Bill Using the GCash App
- Open your account on the GCash app by entering your 4-digit MPIN.
- Find and select the Pay Bills icon from the list on the main services menu.
- Find and select the Telecoms icon from the Biller Category list.
- From the list of Telecommunication companies, select PLDT DSL. It should be just above PLDT Landline and below Globe Postpaid. (Tip: You can tap the heart icon next to it to find it more easily next time you pay your bill.)
- Fill out the form by entering your account number, telephone number, and payment amount. The Email field is optional, but I highly recommend providing your email address to receive a receipt straight to your inbox. After entering all of the needed information, select Next.
- You will now be given the chance to check the information you have provided. You should also note that there will be a service fee. Your total payment will be your bill amount plus PHP 7.00. After making sure you have entered everything correctly, select Confirm.
- After confirming, you'll receive a payment notification on your screen. You can either screenshot this page or wait for the email copy of your payment receipt to arrive in your inbox. Note that it can take up to 24 hours for your payment to be reflected on your PLDT account, and payments made after 8 PM will be posted on the next business day.
How to Confirm Your Payment
You can check if your payment has posted on your PLDT Home account on the PLDT website, or you can download the PLDT Home app for on-the-go account access. See image 8 in the gallery above.
More GCash Tutorials
- How to Pay Your Meralco Bill Using the Globe GCash App in a Few Easy Steps
GCash is one of the country's leading mobile money services and offers a helping hand with many payments and mobile transactions. In this article, I will show you how easy it is to pay your Meralco bill using your GCash App.
- How to Transfer Paypal Balance to GCash in the Philippines
Learn how to withdraw your Paypal balance into your GCash wallet with zero transaction fees.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
Questions & Answers
Question: Yung PLDT DSL is the same as Fibr?
Answer: Yes. You can pay your PLDT Fibr account on the PLDT DSL payment option as well.
Question: I paid my PLDT Home Fibr but I chose the PLDT landline option. Is that okay ?
Answer: One way to check this is figuring out if the payment actually pushed through on your PLDT account balance. You can open your PLDT account on their app to see if it already reflected the payment. If not, you can simply contact GCash at firstname.lastname@example.org or call their hotline (2882 or (02) 782-2882. You can also dial 171 and talk to PLDT about your payment.
Question: What is the area code + telephone number?
Answer: Your phone number is ten (10) digits in total. Three (3) digits for the area code and seven (7) for your actual phone number. It appears like this sample: (012) 345-6789. You can easily find this on your PLDT billing statement in the same area as your acct. number.
Question: Will PLDT automatically reconnect our internet connection after payment through GCash?
Answer: Hi. Once you've successfully paid through GCash, you still have to wait for the system to process your payment. It can take up to 24 hours for GCash to finish the transaction. After receiving the payment, it is now PLDT's job to automatically reconnect your internet. This can also take time. If it's taking a while for your internet to come back, you can dial 171 and get help from their tech support.
You can also get a hold of PLDT by messaging these social media accounts:
© 2019 ThatWallflowerJen
janet Cagula on August 27, 2020:
hi i cant find PLDT DSL in my gcash is it ok if i select the pldt alone.....
emanuel mamales on August 15, 2020:
Bakit ayaw tanggapin ng GCASH gamit ang PLDT DSL at PLDT Landline options ang ang akin PLDTHOME account number 02905***** (10 digit number)? laging:
Oops! please enter the correct account name to proceed.
Oops! please enter the correct account number to proceed.
Dek on August 07, 2020:
PLDT DLS and PLDT landline or anything about PLDT is no longer found in available billers or telecoms in Gcash I can't find it. I have been paying pldt for a year now through gcash but it suddenly disappeared
grace on August 05, 2020:
why is it always invalid account#?tama nman po ung 10digits na nlagay ko.
ThatWallflowerJen (author) from PH on July 18, 2020:
Paalala: Ang GCash ay hindi na tumatanggap ng inquiries at nagbibigay ng support gamit ang messenger. Huwag magbibigay ng detalye ng iyong account lalo na ng iyong MPIN number sa sino mang nagpapakilalang GCash sa messenger.
ThatWallflowerJen (author) from PH on July 17, 2020:
Hi. I have not tried paying thru PLDT Landline. I'm not sure if it will work. Upon checking recently, I was able to find PLDT DSL on my biller list. I hope you were able to find and use the correct option.
Liza on July 05, 2020:
I can't find PLDT DSL in my biller. There's 2 options left: PLDT Landline & Ultera. Can I pay thru the biller PLDT Landline?
Erla on May 19, 2020:
Can I pay overdue PLDT bills in G cash?
Jose Gonzaga on November 29, 2019:
Did they take out PLDT as biller? I can't find it anymore.