How to Update a KRA Pin to iTax
How to Update KRA Pin to iTax
It has become mandatory for Kenyans with an old ITMS Personal Identification Number (PIN) to update to iTax. Kenya Revenue Authority recently upgraded the tax collection and management system from Integrated Tax Management System (ITMS) to the new iTax System. Even those applying for a new PIN must apply for a KRA PIN using the iTax option.
ITAX pin Update
How to Update Your KRA PIN to iTax
- The first thing is to go to iTax portal; you can click on this link. This will send you to the iTax online services page.
- Enter your PIN number and click on continue.
- You will get a message that ‘you have not updated your details in iTax. Click here to update.’
- A new page will appear where you will select taxpayer type and citizenship. Taxpayer type is either individual or non-individual (for company, NGOs, and others).
- Fill in your national identification number, date of birth and security stamp. Click on 'submit.' Confirm you want to submit the data.
- Ipage update page will open and most of your details will be auto populated.
- Check that all the information is okay on all tabs. You can update any information you want like the address and contact details. Ensure the email provided is the right one because your updated pin will be sent to it. The income tax will be automatically set to what you had previously chosen and you cannot change unless you visit any KRA office.
Submitting Your PIN
- Perform the arithmetic operation at the bottom and then click submit. There will be a pop up asking if that is the email you want to use for the PIN you have applied. If you are okay with that and click okay, the form will be submitted. You will get a PIN immediately on your iTax page. Download it and print. Another copy of your PIN will be sent to your email.
You can leave things as they are, but if you do you will be missing one crucial final stage: creating your iTax login password.
KRA Pin e-registration
Creating your iTax Log in Password
Log in to your email and you will find your PIN and password that have been generated by iTax. Open iTax portal again and input your PIN, password, and arithmetic calculation. In some areas copy-and-paste is disabled so you will have to rely on manual entry. A new page will appear that will let you change your password as well as create a security question. Make sure you do not forget your password.
For those with more questions, you can visit the KRA's Facebook page and ask your question there: https://www.facebook.com/KRACare/
Filling Returns on iTax
Your Opinion Matters
Was this information useful?
© 2015 Patrick Kamau