How to (Legally) Make Quick Cash - Making a Lot of Money Fast
Fear and Loathing...
"What Is The Best Way To (Legally) Make a Lot of Money Fast?"
This is an inspiring and thought provoking question that I can actually answer intelligently by offering viable solutions for making money pretty fast.
I have been employed, and self-employed, under-employed and unemployed. The following are suggestions for making some quick cash. I have tested every method in this article with a successful outcome. I got money in my pocket within minutes.
Many Americans may experience unemployment at one time or another. The beautiful thing about living in the USA is that you don't need to clock in and out somewhere in order to make some income. When I can't find a job, I resort to my creative instincts. Although there are times when I want to get fast cash through illegal venues, I usually manage to stay above the law, and earn my money legally by working for it....Conventional...or not...
Since most of you will request legal methods of manifesting cash, I am immediately ruling out the top three illegal methods of acquiring cool, hard cash in the palm of your hands...
So...with that said.....NONE OF THESE WILL BE DISCUSSED:
NO Dope Slinging,
NO Car Heisting
and NO Bank Robbing Techniques....
..I'm also gonna toss out these two extra kilos of Peruvian Cocaine that I was going to send you to help with that quick cash fix.
Since we've ruled out all the easiest illegal methods of quick cash accrual, let's get to talking about some real viable solutions that will work to your benefit, without too much manual labor.
However, you must always remember these golden rules:
1. You can't get something with nothing!
2. If it sounds too good to be true...IT IS! ...
Ain't No Money Trees Growing In My Neighborhood!
...which translates to:
You have to make an effort to make money because money trees exist only in fairy tales...
...and secondly, get-rich schemes are precisely that....schemes that don't work and usually leave you with less than you already have.
...Since we all know, that (99% of the time) you need to have money to make money. The more money you may already have, the more money you can make in a fairly reasonable amount of time. But, I'm thinking that you wouldn't be reading this, if you already have a wallet full of Benjamins.
When a person does a Google Search, & types into the search bar, "How to make money fast?", I have to go on the assumption that you need some quick cash like yesterday. More than likely you are sitting in your over priced rental; a single room studio dwelling, that your landlord rented to you as an "efficiency unit". You already picked up todays mail, and there's that pink envelope that you know all too well... The electricity shut off notice, already two months past due... Panic sets in...
"Disconnection notice past due utility service and other services. Our records indicate that your account has an overdue balance. PLEASE NOTE: If your utility service is disconnected for non-payment, there will be additional service charges and you will be required to pay all past due amounts before service is restored. In addition, a deposit may be required to re-establish your credit, whether or not your service is terminated. SCE reserves the right to disconnect service remotely without any further notice. To avoid disconnection, your payment must be received before 5:00PM TODAY!!!"
It's no coincidence that it is now Friday afternoon. Does the Electric Company plan it out like that so you will be sitting in silence with no power service for the next three days, till Monday morning. So, in your despair you have now turned to the World Wide Web for answers. You are seeking a quick money fix because you don't have any money... to pay your bill.
Sitting in the Dark
Hopefully this isn't the case where your desperation is guiding your actions. If it is though, and you need real cash help, I do have a few suggestions in order for you to get some free cash to pay your bills.
1. Firstly, call the service provider for your utility bill and talk to them. More than likely they will work with you and help you out with your situation by offering you payment arrangements or an extended due date. Also, make sure to let them know that you are low income. Ask if there are any discount programs that they know of, to lower your monthly amount due. Off the top of my head, I am familiar with two programs that discount your gas and electric bills every month. CARE Discount and FERA discount. Their websites will offer you complete details on every way to lower your monthly charges. Whatever you decide....the worst thing you can do is ignore the disconnection notice. By communicating with the biller, you are establishing a responsible attitude that will most likely help your immediate situation.
2. Contact the C.A.C, Community Action Committee. The CAC pays up to $300 once per year, towards your gas or electric bills if you are a low income person, or family. Eligibility is determined annually and your household income must be at or below 30% of the Area Median Income (AMI). Be prepared for a ton of paperwork, but once you qualify, you will be so relieved. They helped my family a few years ago, and paid $300 for my Gas bill. My heating bill usually runs about $8- a month, but at one point I had gotten several months behind and I couldn't catch up. When the CAC helped me by sending the utility provider $300 all at once, I had a credit balance with the Gas Company for almost two years.
3. Next option: Open your telephone book, turn to the Business Yellow Pages, to 'C' and find all the local Churches in your community. Get the phone numbers of the Church's office, and start calling them. You will want to inquire at the Church's office, whether they have a Benevolent Fund. You may find it convenient to have a pen and paper handy so you can keep track of who you call, and which ones give money away. Ask to make an appointment to apply for any that say yes.
Benevolence is the desire to help someone or a feeling of goodwill toward others. Benevolence can also refer to an act of kindness or charity. Today, many churches maintain a “benevolence fund,” that is, a monetary reserve kept in order to help those in need. Often, a benevolence fund is used to aid families with unexpected or high medical expenses, victims of natural disasters, the unemployed, the underemployed, and others in similar circumstances. It takes some time to do this, and be prepared for rejection, along with them asking if you are a member of their parish? You do not need to be a member of a church in order to get assistance from them. Rules and preferences may vary per congregation.
Create a Little Cash Flow
Fortunately, one of the best ways to make some quick money is by utilizing assets that you may already have around the house. Here, I will offer you solutions that cost little to nothing to start. These methods create capital by selling items that you own. I'm sure your first thought was, "Not a garage sale!" And the answer is no.
With the way our economy has taken such a huge dump, many Americans are finding themselves broke and out of work. But with a little creativity, and by using resources that are easily accessible and already available, you can make money. By using a little common sense, there is a good chance that soon you won't be sitting in the dark.
It is completely possible and fairly simple to create a little cash flow in a short amount of time, within hours..
Selling Your Clothes
Selling Items You Already Own
One of the most beautiful things about this day and age is the fact that we have access to the world wide web, and along with it, tons of potential ways to make money and millions of potential customers. You have the world at your finger tips. Realize it and use it to your advantage.
You can do the 'buy and resell' method with a number of profitable items. If you don't have any cash to start with, you can make money with items that you already own.
At this point you need to make a conscious decision about how much value you place in things that you already own. At first it may seem really hard to let go of personal possessions, but in order to get that food on the table, you have to let go... There just isn't time to be a sentimental sap.
Don't worry. You can replace these things later on in life when you, once again have a solid stream of income flowing your way. However, until that happens, you have to sacrifice some personal belongings that you hold dear to you. Be realistic and think of the pro's and con's.
Which would you rather have: the ring your Grandmother got married with? Or a home with a door that your family can walk through to sleep, eat and .%$#@ in? Start small, but make wise choices on what you are willing to release and sell, in order to make some fast cash. You may find that you are able to put together a pile of stuff that you don't really care about, and can let go of, without too much anguish. But in all honesty, if you think about it, the stuff you own, that you really like to keep, are usually the things that are the faster sells. If you think something is cool, there's a good chance that most other people do too...
Rummage through your closet and pull out items of clothing, shoes, purses, belts, and scarves that you are willing to part with. Take these items and get them ready to sell by cleaning, washing, and preparing everything to look as nice and nearly new, as you possibly can. Sew missing buttons back on, mend any small tears, wash and iron the clothes, then fold them nicely and place them into a travel bag.
Now, you are ready to sell...
I found two stores that are on our main street downtown that buy clothing from the public and they pay you cash on the spot! Check your phone book or internet for locations for clothing resellers like the one I described. Look for a listing in your town for a store called CrossRoads Trading Company!
It took me a couple times of failed trips where CrossRoads Trading Company didn't buy anything I offered, but I had to figure out styles they prefer. Then I had to let go of some of my favorite blouses and dresses, because these were the same items they wanted to purchase from me.
On my third attempt, I hit pay dirt! They paid me $70 on the spot!
So, don't give up if they turn you away a couple of times because persistence pays. They offer little reference post cards that list items that they are currently buying.
I'm now known as a regular there and the employees know my name when I walk in with my arms full of clothes.
I have even gotten to the point where I shop for clothing items at our local thrift stores for a dollar, and then I turn around and sell these items to CrossRoads Trading Company for $3 for a 200% profit.
CrossRoads has expanded to internet buybacks too.
Online venues are running rampant:
- www.buffaloexchange.com is located in Ventura, California, and also has other locations across the US. They purchase a variety of couture, but are known for carrying vintage and retro clothing from the 60's, 70's and 80's. They buy clothing, shoes, handbags, jewelry, belts, and accessories, like sunglasses. They even bought the vintage suitcase that I brought my items in. They buy online too. Sell By Mail process takes between 4 to 6 weeks from the bag request to payout. In store you’ll be able to sell a larger quantity of clothing, plus shoes and accessories. Some stores even buy jewelry. Through Sell By Mail you’ll receive one prepaid shipping bag at a time, which can fit approximately 20 to 40 pieces of clothing.
- thredUP.com makes selling your clothes easy. All you do is order their Clean Out Bag and fill it with your “like-new” quality clothing (maternity and plus sizes also accepted). Use their Clean Out Calculator to help estimate your payout amount in advance. The bag comes with a pre-paid, pre-addressed shipping label to ship back to them for free. Their fashion resale professionals review your clothing and they pay 40% of the resale value (premium items payout more). You can earn thredUP credit, cash out with PayPal, or donate your proceeds. Items that they don’t accept are sent to charitable partners or textile recycling companies. These items can be mailed back to you instead, for a fee of course. ThredUp purchases women and children's clothing, in just about every size except newborn.
- In 60 seconds, list your items for sale on Tradesy.com. They accept any brands, as long as it’s in good condition. Take a few photos of your items (plus, petite, and maternity sizes also accepted) and they will clean the background of the photo for you. Feel free to pick your own price or they will suggest one for you. When your item sells they will send you a free prepaid shipping kit, complete with packaging. Tradesy only takes a 9% commission and you get paid via PayPal. Unlike others, they take returns.
- I love shopping at Swap.com and I love selling to them too. It is a consignment based website that buys and sells children, women, and men's attire and accessories.
They offer the largest selection of new and pre-owned baby, kids', maternity, women's and men's apparel and accessories, with items available up to 90% off retail prices.
Plus, for new customers, you'll get 20% off on your first purchase!
Buy a Car, Sell a Car...
Buying and Reselling Vehicles
Another way to accrue a bank load fairly quickly is by buying and reselling vehicles.
If you can find a junker that has potential, you can turn it over and end up with a few thousand bucks more than you started with.
I found an old Ford Bronco last year for only $300, listed for sale on craigslist. It had been sitting in a guy's driveway for over a year, covered with cobwebs and other nasties that tend to appear with time and the keys were still in it. I jumped into the drivers seat, turned the key over, and to my delight, that bad boy started right up.
I paid the man, and drove off. I took it home, gave it a good scrub down, installed new carpet remnants that I acquired on craigslist's 'free' section. Then I painted the interior with some liquid truck bed liner paint that I purchased at the auto parts shop for $17. I took pictures with my phone, then wrote an ad with a headline that made every potential buyer click on it in curiosity, and of course, re-listed it on craigslist.
It read..."Bad-ass Old School '86 Classic Full Size Bronco- 4x4". Two weeks later, I had a buyer and walked away with $2500, making my profit a whopping 820%.
The Monopoly Game
And lastly, on a bigger scale, you can buy and sell homes and make a gang of cash within a matter of just a few years...
...Also referred to as, and inspired by, our old friend Parker Brothers' Monopoly (the game).
I bought and sold four homes by doing this. I got started by buying a mobile home in a park. After two years, and numerous hours of manual labor, I sold it and moved into a small two-bedroom Victorian beauty. Five years later, we bought a huge house with the capital from the two previous sales.
I have utilized all of the methods I listed for making lots of money quickly and legally, and all three methods were profitable.
These are proven successful methods of creating income and fun ways to come up with dough pretty quickly without breaking any laws.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
© 2012 Helen Kramer