SSS Salary Loan Online Application: Five Easy Steps
How to Apply for an SSS Salary Loan
The Philippine Social Security System (SSS) is the government's social insurance program for workers. Established in 1957, the SSS provides retirement and health benefits to enrolled Philippine employees.
After registering and becoming a member, employees can apply for what is called a salary loan. Members can apply for cash loans equivalent to either one month's or two months' salary. Salary loans must be paid within two years. Before applying, be sure to inform your employer. They will need to certify your application. The SSS will not approve a loan application without the employer certification.
Note: I am not affiliated with the SSS. For SSS-related inquiries, please call the SSS call center at 920-6446 to 55 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Register With the SSS
- When signing up, choose a username and password that you can easily remember. This is to prevent having to call SSS for a username or password reset. The telephone lines at the SSS are always busy!
2. Log In!
- If your first login attempt fails, wait 20-30 minutes and try again. Better yet, wait to log in after receiving a registration confirmation email from the SSS.
3. Select Salary Loan Transaction
- Roll over Transactions and select Salary Loan.
If You Do Not Qualify
- This is what the screen will look like if your application for a salary loan is not approved.
If You Do Qualify
- This is what your screen will look like if your application is approved.
4. Set Your Loan Amount
- When you are ready, tick the box beside "I agree to the terms and conditions." Then click Proceed. The maximum allowed loan amount is 30,000, but you may use the drop-down menu to select a lower amount.
5. View Disclosure and Submit
- View the "Disclosure Statement on Loan/Credit Transaction. Save or bring and then click Submit. The disclosure statement details your loan amount, other charges/deductions, payment schedule, and interest fees.
- It takes two to three weeks from the date of submission to receive the check. Depending upon where you work, your human resources department may send an email to notify you where you can claim your check.