Ms. Inglish is a successful Employment & Training pro, setting Midwest regional records with tens of thousands placed in gainful employment.
Fast Growth Around Dallas
From 2009 through 2018, the State of Texas has contained the largest number of fast-growing cities in the nation, the very wealthy Westlake being one at the top.
The largest influx of workers and families from other parts of the country came to Texas and Westlake during the same time.
By January 19, 2011, Forbes.com declared this city northwest of Dallas, the richest place in the country, and it stayed rich for years to the present.
Forbes reports that the Jonas Brothers live here, along with wealthy CEOs of major corporations, well-paid athletes, and other high wage earners.
Did You Know?
Westlake supports fewer than 1,000 residents and features its own aircraft runway.
A Successful Master Planned Community
Begun by about two dozen families in 1847 when the American railroads began to proliferate, what is now called Westlake has grown consistently. About 100 years later, the town grew up around the Circle T Ranch.
As a Master Planned Community, the town continued to expand and develop through residential neighborhoods and commercial districts. In approximately 50 more years, Westlake was named one of 14 Certified Scenic Cities in the state, known for natural landscapes, flowers, and the development of the local Circle T Ranch lands.
Citizen Surveys administered in 2009 and 2010 determined residents' satisfaction with the town as a guide for future improvements. This is a place that appreciates its residents.
Best New Attraction: Project Blizzard
- This project near Grapevine Lake includes about 800 urban living units among commercial and retail businesses, green space, a hotel, and a corporate office park. A new Charles Schwab HQ is a major anchor of the development on the refurbished and widened Texas Route 114.
- Entrada Catalan-style housing division is at Hwy 114 and Davis Blvd.
- A family park at Glenwyck Farms housing development includes a colorful, large replica of Noah's Ark for climbing and play among 14 acres of tall pecan and oak trees.
- Circle T Ranch: This is a new master-planned community within a master planned community. Corporate campuses, upscale residential units, new shopping complex, 2,500 acres scenic landscape.
- National Cowgirl Hall of Fame in Fort Worth. Inductee Joyce Roach has written about Westlake history and development.
- Stagecoach Hills. This housing development dates back to the stagecoach era of America. Located on the site of a former stagecoach trail, the neighborhood is recognized for the number of aircraft parked in it. Some people have boats in other cities, but these folks have airplanes!
Top Businesses per the Chamber of Commerce
- Charles Schwab
- Deloitte University
- Fidelity Investments
- Wells Fargo Bank
Top Large Hiring Companies
- Lockheed Martin: NASA Commercial Crew
- University of North Texas
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- JPMorgan Chase: Financial Products
- RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc.
- CitiBank: Financial Services
- First Cash Financial Services
- Christus Health
- GM Financial
- Charles Schwab: Investments and Financial Services
Colleges and Universities
- Bikram Yoga College
- Deloitte University
- North Central Texas College, Corinth
- Tarrant County College: Two Campus Locations
Several corporations have begun ongoing professional development programs that they have called "universities" and McDonald's Hamburger University was one of the first.
While not an actual university, some of the completed coursework connected with Hamburger University and Deloitte University have been accepted for college credit. Deloitte's facility is a popular educational and social interaction venue that covers an expanse of over 100 acres of land.
A video shows the finished project. The completed educational complex will feature not only educational and related spaces, but also hundreds of guest rooms, dining facilities, hiking trails, other recreation areas, and additional offerings. All this is constructed under Gold level LEED for sustainability and Grand Opening was a success.
Employment Market and Job Listings
Major job search engines counted over 50,000 positions listed for Westlake at the end of Summer 2017, not including the hidden job market, primarily in the Dallas suburbs listed on the map above.
Listed local jobs include positions with annual salaries of $100,000 and more, within the companies of:
- Charles Schwab's Regional Headquarters: 5,000 new jobs total
- HCA Healthcare
- NAA: The Lampe Company
In the near future, the accounting corporation Deloitte will add to its $300 million training facility in Westlake, called Deloitte University. The huge Fidelity Investment company HQ is already located in town.
Top 10 High Demand Jobs
- Healthcare Career Recruiters
- Sales positions of all kinds
- Corporate Recruiters
- Registered Nurses: Licensed RNs
- Engineers, especially software developers
- LPNs, LVNs, Nurse Practitioners
- Physicians, all specialties
- Account Executives: Financial field
- Business Analysts
- Business Developers
Because of NASA's Houston Space Center and a rise in engineering advances in the state, the Greater Dallas Area has become a center for growing aerospace development.
SpaceX began construction of a privately owned spaceport in the Brownsville Area in 2017. Other companies in related business that are hiring the most workers around Westlake include:
- Lockheed Martin
- Rockwell International and Rockwell Collins
- Triumph Group
- L-3 Communications
- IHS Markit
- Sanmina Corporation
- BBA Aviation
- America's Richest Cities. Forbes Magazine. The foundation data for this ranking comes from the US Census Bureau, Census2000, Census2010, and estimates drom 2011 through 2017. Statistics are based on median household incomes found in surveys administered 2005 through 2009. All of these median incomes are higher than competing publications' findings from other sources.
- Author's analysis of job listings crawled by Simply Hired and Indeed from 2015 through 2017.
- Baker, M. and Dickson, G. Schwab campus in Westlake will bring 1,200 jobs to North Texas. Star-Telegram; 2016.//www.star-telegram.com/news/business/article94568932.html#storylink=cpy Retrieved August 20, 2018.
- Westlake Chamber of Commerce. www.nwmetroportchamber.org/westlake Retrieved August 17, 2017.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
© 2011 Patty Inglish MS
Angela Kane from Las Vegas, Nevada on August 17, 2011:
I am CSR and this job is in high demand, great article.
Support Med. from Michigan on March 24, 2011:
Not many residents in Westlake, Texas. I wonder since it's the richest city is it also the most expensive to live in. The job prospects look promising. v/r
microfinance from Morocco on January 31, 2011:
suejanet on January 31, 2011:
I lived in Fort Worth Texas for 15 years and love it. It's good to know that the area has come back and the economy has recovered.
sir slave from Trinity county CA. on January 29, 2011:
Birds of a feather, flock together.
Hello, hello, from London, UK on January 28, 2011:
Thank you again for showing and describing another piece of America.
Jason Matthews from North Carolina on January 27, 2011:
Westlake is a very prosperous community and it looks like there are a lot of employment opportunities in Texas. The local attractions also seem pretty cool. This is a great Hub; thanks for sharing!