Bonanza, the Better Alternative to Ebay
I was an avid eBay user as are most who explore the E-commerce marketplaces. I got the crazy idea to start selling my collection of trading cards, some sporting goods, and some workout programs that I was a distributor for. At first I didn't do so well. Which is typical of any business venture. It does take time to get traction and really start getting good volume sales. After 1 month of trial and error I finally started getting consistent sales. After 3 months I was doing over 10,000 in revenue on eBay! I was almost to the point of quitting my day job. Then it happened.
And just like that....
My dream was dead. eBay shut me and over 10,000 other users down the same week, according to forums about eBay's customer service. Of course I contacted them, they could not tell me why I was shut down, just that my "business model" was not up to their standards. Even though I had 98% positive feedback on over 500 transactions in 3 months. I was above all eBay standards as a seller and had excellent handling/shipment times. So where did I go wrong? That is still unclear. However, I did discover that this is something that happens regularly with eBay. They perform some type of purge based on what their "enhanced security algorithms" detect on seller activity. So I guess it is illegal to take the profits of your monthly sales and deposit them into your bank account. Yeah, that's right, eBay owns Paypal too. So any Paypal activity can actually affect your eBay seller status. I dont believe that is fair trade whatsoever.
However there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel. I'd like to introduce you to Bonanza.
Bonanza is a seller's dream. Here are the five reasons why Bonanza rises above all the rest:
- Lower Seller Fees - Bonanza charges you based on what you set your advertising rates to be. Anywhere from 3.5% to 30% final value fee, but only if its the advertising that brings them to the site. If someone clicks on your link directly from you, there is no fee! :)
- Excellent Customer Service - Bonanza's customer service is second to none. I have never once had an issue but I have asked some general questions that were answered same day via email, instantly via chat, and the wait times on the phone are very low. Overall just a great experience.
- Booth Design - Bonanza uses Booths instead of stores. I was able to get my new booth up after Ebay shut me down in minutes. I made my first sale just a few days later. Adding an item is super easy with Bonanza. The item specifics are all on a single page and Bonanza rates your listing as you add information to it so you know how likely it is someone will find it.
- Customer Communication - The customers can communicate to you via chat when they visit your booth. This alone has increased my sales conversions because they can ask real time questions. There is also a detailed message section where you can compose emails to be sent to the customer during different times of the order process. Very well thought out and super easy to use.
- Marketplace Is Unique - The marketplace for Bonanza is very unique but also very similar to Ebay. It has categories of items but the layout is much easier to navigate. Also, since Bonanza advertises on Google Search, the items will be labled and titled more accurately then on Ebay. I like being able to search for things and seeing exactly what I typed in as the title of the listing. Bonanza also allows its sellers to earn tokens just for managing your booth to spend on different items such as : money off advertising fees, traffic consultations, and getting items featured for more views.
Get Started with Bonanza
Starting with Bonanza is super easy and straightforward. They just celebrated their 8 year anniversary and I can not praise them enough. Every interaction with their customer support and my own customers has been amazing.
Check out the link here if you are interested in this new marketplace that is easier to use than eBay and protects its buyers AND sellers.
Questions & Answers
© 2016 Anthony