The author is a great enthusiast of swimming and his passion has driven him to explore many such places in the city.
eBay in Pakistan
Did you know you can use eBay in Pakistan? Selling and buying on eBay whilst being in Pakistan is sometimes difficult (due to the restrictions imposed by Paypal), but it is not impossible. Here are a few shrewd methods you can use to make eBay work for you.
Selling on eBay in Pakistan
To date, as per my current research, there is no direct way through which Pakistanis can sell on eBay. eBay does accept credit and debit cards which may be processed through an internet payment gateway but eBay only allows Authorize.net as its official payment gateway partner which is also not offering its services in Pakistan, not even through its re-sellers.
The Work Around
The only way we can follow is to ask our friends and relatives residing abroad (not only in the United States but in other countries as well) to manage a PayPal account or a Payflow service (PayPal's payment gateway) integrated API for us.
It is then possible to send the goods via DHL, FedEx, or UPS while staying compliant with eBay's policies. The process will work as follows:
- Your relative sets up a PayPal account or a Payflow services payment gateway and an eBay account from abroad.
- He also links both of them as required by eBay.
- You can log in to that account from Pakistan and create listings.
- If a buyer purchases a product, he will make a payment to your relative's PayPal account or Bank account connected with the Payflow gateway.
- You ship the item from Pakistan upon receiving verification of payment.
- Your relative may remit the total earnings back once a month via Western Union.
I know a few people running their businesses using this way but it is still a difficult workaround and will require the full support from your relatives and friends.
What can you sell on eBay?
You can try eBay to see who will pay the best price for your branded items or precious collectibles, things that are best to sell for Pakistani sellers may include:
- Leather goods
You may however find it difficult to beat the competition on eBay for other products because of high postage prices which will add to the price of any product you will sell.
Check out the following methods and see what works for you. A number of them are quite risky and may result in money being lost.
Virtually all of the sellers accept credit cards and debit cards on eBay so you can use your Visa or MasterCard but as these payments are processed through Paypal there is always some risk of payment being blocked. A detailed procedure for this method is available online.
I suggest you use Payoneer MasterCard or Virtual Credit Cards (Google it) as they are based abroad to overcome the country restriction imposed by Paypal. Note that you will not find Pakistan in the country drop-down menu on the last page so I am not sure whether Pakistan-based cards will work or not, but Payoneer will definitely work. I am still searching for other viable alternatives and will post as soon as I find them.
Third-Party Paypal Account
This is another safe and secure way however for this you need a loyal friend or relative living abroad. Easy and simple:
- After you complete the purchase ask the seller to send a payment request to your friend's Paypal account.
- Ask your friend to pay it.
- Remember to notify the seller about your shipping address because the seller will automatically get your friend's shipping address in place of yours.
What else could be easier than this (you won't get your money back if Paypal catches you!)?
- Make a Paypal account with a fake name and address using a fake IP address, few people in Pakistan are operating stealth Paypal accounts so it is not impossible for you to get one up and running.
- Load some funds into it.
- When making an account on eBay for purchasing you must ensure that your Paypal name and address match with those on eBay.
- Notify the seller of the correct shipping address and Pay.
You can contact the seller through a message and ask him to accept payment via some other methods which are not allowed on eBay however for this you will have to trust the seller and it is not recommended. They Include:
- Western Union®—with Western Union you can directly transfer money into foreign bank accounts, so you can ask for the seller's IBAN and then go to the nearest Western Union office and ask them to initiate the transfer. This service is available in Pakistan and I have tested this personally.
- Sending a cheque through the mail.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
Questions & Answers
Question: Which shipping company is best for sending abroad from Pakistan?
Answer: DHL, if you can get discounted rates through a third party shipper.
© 2014 StormsHalted
Leave your Queries Here
Muhammad Faisal on June 06, 2018:
which types of products we can deal over here and what is the trust worth of ebay?
StormsHalted (author) from Pullman, Washington, United States on May 08, 2018:
ebay now allows sellers to accept payments through credit and debit cards as well.
I will be updating this article on the process within a week and you can check back soon.
firstname.lastname@example.org on May 07, 2018:
brother I am from Pakistan and want to sell clothing stuff on eBay, will you tell me about skrill payments, that is acceptable on eBay or not.
StormsHalted (author) from Pullman, Washington, United States on May 04, 2018:
If you have a relative/friend abroad, then it will be a lot easier for you.
I know people who are running businesses from Pakistan and selling abroad through DHL/Fedex, Your product will be successful if it is highly unique.
Maryam on May 04, 2018:
hi, i am interested in selling clothes on ebay from pakistan, can you please guide we through it. thanks
Waqas on June 14, 2017:
I just want to know how much money can you make on ebay maximum monthly?
Nuzzo on February 24, 2016:
Even though PayPal isn't supported in Pakistan, I actually contacted Auction Essistance to have them help me open an account in a different country.
So far it has been working great as of recent.