Is Cashback Research Legit or Just Another Scam?
These days more and more people turn to paid survey sites as source of extra income without doing research on the companies. They spend so much time and effort completing surveys to barely get anything in return or if anything at all, before giving up.
It can be very hard to find a site that is user friendly, reliable and actually provides you with surveys to complete.
In this Hub I share with you my Cashback Research review.
"Take Paid Surveys Online for Cash. You won't get rich, but you will get paid! Welcome To Cashback Research, a 100% free service that provides people like you with a means to be rewarded for giving opinions in online surveys. We are not a get-rich quick scheme or even a realistic part-time job, but we are a GREAT way to earn a little cash and have some fun to boot!"
Registration and Profile Surveys
Signing up for Cashback Research was quick and easy, overall the process took about 5mins and I earned $5.00 for doing so and $0.05c for my first log in.
Note: You will earn $0.05c for your first log in each day
Next I completed the 10 Profile Surveys which would allow Cashback Research to qualify me for future surveys. The 10 Profile Survey topics included Interests, Work from home, Education, Auto, Home, Personal Finance, Travel, Shopping, Technology and Health. Each survey consists of about 5-10 multiple choice questions, took about one minute to complete and earned $0.25.
Tip: After completing each survey click "BEGIN" which will take you to another site outside of Cashback Research dashboard. Wait for it to load, then just click the "X" on that window. Now refresh your dashboard and you will see your earnings increase.
Activating Access to Daily Surveys
Not only do you need to complete the profile surveys to activate the daily surveys, you have to sign up for at least one of the other panels (survey companies) on the right. There were about 20 to choose from so I signed up for one which took just under 30 minutes to complete the process, including completing the profile surveys with that company. This did not activate my daily surveys, even after refreshing the Cashback Research Dashboard several times.
Maybe I had to sign up for one with the word "PANEL" in it, if so that is extremely irritating. I signed up for a "Panel" and sure enough when I refreshed the dashboard my daily surveys were active.
Note: I am not sure if this has anything to do with the word "panel" in the company name or if it just took a little while for the first one to register.
- Joining Bingo Cafe through the Cashback Research Dashboard earns you $2 and $20 free play, this has now been updated on my total earnings.
- Signing up for Mega Casino (2 minutes to register) through Cashback Research Dashboard earns you $8 and 5 free spins.
- If you sign up for 12 panels you earn $10, so far I have now signed up for about 6. Out of the 6 only 3 registered.
Important information: In order to get credit (check mark) for registering with a survey panel, you must be signed in to your dashboard when you click and register with the panel. Survey panels you were already registered with do not count toward the requirements for the $10 payout.
The positive experiences I had with Cashback Research:
- Quick and Easy Registration
- Dashboard is clearly set out and easy to navigate
- Quick response times to emails and to trouble tickets
Here are the issues I have encountered with Cashback Research so far:
- Cashback Research Dashboard does not show a true reflection of how many survey panels I have actually joined, only 4 out of the 12 are marked as completed.
- I either do not qualify for the daily surveys, or when I did, nothing was earned for completing them.
- Two of the Panels directed me to the registry page for panels I have already signed up for and two Panels were not available to register for (with no explanation)
- One panel would not allow me to register due to "myself or someone else in my household already being registered" with them. No one in my house is registered with this company.
- Received warning notices for viruses when trying to register with some Panels
- The $8 for joining Mega Casino has not been credited to my Dashboard
After resetting my Cashback Research password the follow occurred as a result:
- Earnings reduced from $9.75 to $6.05
- The Dashboard is showing that I have not completed the profile surveys
- Cafe Bingo is now not checked as being registered for
It looks as though my Dashboard has almost completely reset itself.
I emailed Cashback Research in relation to the issues I have come across and they requested I create a trouble ticket for each one.
I created ticket for the following:
- 10 tickets one for each trouble panel
- Cashback Research Panel resetting itself
Response to Trouble Tickets Created
I received an email response for each of the tickets I previously created.
The first says they will credit me for two of the panels, however ignores the rest of the ticket pointing out issues not allowing me to register with other panels. When I refresh my Dashboard only one has been checked off out of the two.
The second email is in reference to the Cashback Research Dashboard resetting itself which says, they do not know what happened to my account and that they have not heard of this happening to any other members. The email also states they would credit me for the Bingo Cafe registration however requests that I complete the profile surveys again.
I checked my dashboard and my earnings were increased to $8.05, however there is still no resolution for the panels I have signed up for.
Can You Make Money With Cashback Research?
I would say that my experience with Cashback Research was extremely frustrating and I am writing it off as a waste of time.
The only way I could see myself reaching the $20 minimum payout is by logging in once per day to receive the $0.05c. Which would take over 200 days to reach this amount.
There Are Better Alternatives
Personally I find paid survey sites unreliable, extremely boring, very time consuming and not worth the effort that you are putting in.
Your Experience With Cashback Research
What kind of experience have you had with Cashback Research?
Stop Others From Getting Scammed
Share this article and stop others from wasting their time with Cashback Research and other companies like them.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.