Companies Hiring Stay-At-Home Customer Service Agents
About Customer Service Jobs at Home
Becoming a customer service representative or customer support agent at home is comparable to having a job at a call center. Customer service jobs at home can be ideal for those seeking a stable stay-at-home job with a schedule and stable pay.
While having a stay-at-home job (such as a customer service job) may be a perfect fit for some people, there are also some things to consider before applying. Working at home is not for everyone and working at home is still work, just like any job outside of the home. For some, a stay-at-home job is more difficult than a job outside of home because you must be your own manager and be self-disciplined.
Is Customer Service the Right Field for You?
- Are you patient with people, even when they are upset?
- Can you avoid conflict with angry customers and listen to their problems?
- Do you have a clear and pleasant phone voice?
- Do you have an area in your home that is free from distraction for a part-time or full-time schedule?
What to Expect When Applying for a Stay at Home Customer Service Job
While each company maintains their own set of policies and procedures, below is a list of things to expect from most companies hiring customer service representatives:
- Have a land line phone that is strictly dedicated to work. This cannot be a phone number that is personal in any way.
- Your computer may have to meet certain systematic requirements.
- Many companies will require a headset.
- For these jobs, you must have a work space or home office that is completely free from distraction during your working hours.
- While this may not apply to all companies, it is common for customer service positions to consent to a background check and even pay for the background check prior to hire.
- For customer service jobs at home, you will usually be assigned a set part-time or full-time schedule.
- The pay tends to range between $8.00 to $15.00 for customer service positions.
Where to Apply for Stay-At-Home Customer Service Jobs
This is an extensive list of companies hiring customer service representatives. Good luck and keep in mind that it could take a while to hear back from some of the companies in this list, as there are a large number of applicants. My advice is to apply with as many as possible that offer positions you qualify for.
Companies That Hire Stay-At-Home Customer Service Agents
- ACD Direct
- All Time Favs
- American Airlines
- Auto Club Renewals
- Call Serve
- Educate Online
- Exclusive Car Service
- GE Money
- Higher One
- Hilton at Home
- Hirepoint several positions
- Live Ops
- Lunar Pages
- Nance Entertainment
- Next Level Solutions
- Nieman Marcus
- On Point At Home
- Outlook Amuse
- Prince Market Research
- Ring Central
- Service 800
- Talk 2 Rep
- Time Communications
- Validated Response
- Working Solutions
Would You Want a Stay-At-Home Customer Service Job?
Now that you know a little more about this field, would a customer service job at home seem like a good fit for you?
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.