MicrosoftPokemo is a competitive Pokémon card player with over 20 years of experience collecting rare cards and playing the game!
Where Can You Sell Your Pokémon Cards?
You are selling Pokémon cards to collectors and maybe the next generation of fans! Selling collectibles can be fun to make money while also cleaning up your closet. We will show you how to make money with Pokémon cards today!
While you can make money by selling subsequent editions of Pokémon cards, the original cards are often the most desirable. In addition to understanding how much your cards are worth and how to generate money, it's vital to know where to sell your Pokémon collection to receive the best price.
How Do You Make Money With Pokémon Cards?
The Pokémon series has been around since the mid-'90s. Since the inception of Pokémon, the cards have become valuable collector's items. However, many people have difficulty selling their Pokémon cards for a profit.
You'll need a strategy for earning the most return on your investment if you want to be a successful Pokémon card dealer. Here are some steps through which you can make money with Pokémon cards:
- Selling Pokémon Cards on the Internet
- Buying and Selling Pokémon Cards in Person
- Pokémon Card Collecting
- Keeping Track of Your Pokémon Cards
What Is the Best Way to Sell Your Pokémon Cards?
The Pokémon obsession is a genuine phenomenon. In 2022, YouTuber Logan Paul spent over $2 million on Pokémon cards, and musician Logic spent over $180,000 at an auction for a rare Charizard card.
Read More From Toughnickel
Selling Pokemon Cards on the Internet
- Online Sale: Upload photos of your cards on eBay. You'll need pictures to demonstrate what you are selling to potential purchasers.
- Find Websites to Sell Your Cards: There are websites dedicated to purchasing and selling Pokémon cards. The majority of these will offer a list of how much they'll pay you for specific cards.
- Single Cards Can Be Bought and Sold: Selling online makes selling single cards both lucrative and simple; you'll make a lot more money if you sell your cards individually, but you can also sell in whole sets or random sets with two rare cards and a few standard cards.
Buying and Selling Pokémon Cards in Person
- Visit a Store: Look for a store that focuses on trading card games. Ensure you know how much your cards are worth and how much you'll take for them before engaging in trade. Bring your well-kept cards and determine how much they'll pay for them.
- Sell Your Cards at a Trading Card Show: The cards are shown by collectors, and dealers will be present at card shows, and they may be interested in purchasing your cards. You may need to approach several dealers before finding one knowledgeable in Pokémon cards.
- Look for a Pokémon Meetup: Several public organizations meet regularly to play the Pokémon card game. If you have a card that a player requires to finish their deck, they could be prepared to pay you for it.
2022 Sales for the Most Valuable Charizard Pokémon Cards
|Charizard 1st Edition Holo||Charizard Shadowless Holo||Charizard Holo|
Pokémon Card Collecting
- Buy Pokémon Cards: Look for Pokémon cards that are reasonably priced and easy to sift through. You'll probably have the most results looking in secondhand shops or on the internet. For example, booster sets containing 36 unopened packs of Pokémon cards cost about $140 at most local retailers.
- Look for Uncommon Cards: The rarer a card is, the more precious it is. Every card will have a number that looks like a fraction in the bottom right corner that will tell you what number it belongs to in its set.
- Find Special Cards: There are a variety of card designs and marks that might improve the appeal of your card. Make sure you know if your card is distinctive to price it accordingly.
Keeping Track of Your Pokémon Cards
- Keep Your Cards Safe: You want to ensure your cards don't sustain any further harm until you sell them.
- Make a Grade on Your Cards: Take a close look at your cards to check how they're holding up. Examine the document for creases, smudges, tears, or bent corners.
- Have Your High-Value Cards Graded by a Professional: If in good condition, certain Pokémon cards may be worth hundreds of dollars.
In this article, we have discussed how to make money with Pokémon cards! We mention the best way to sell your Pokémon cards and the steps to make your money through pokemon cards. You'll need to figure out which cards are worth something if you already have some and continue acquiring more to develop your collection. Good luck!
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.