How to Prepare Your Avon Orders for Delivery
Start With the Receipt
Writing a receipt with every Avon order is absolutely vital, and because of that your delivery really starts from the time your customer places an order. Always check with the customer to ensure that you're both on the same page (and shade, size, and scent!) before confirming a purchase. For the best results, make use of the inexpensive order forms available in our business supply section.
- When writing the receipt, you should have three copies: one for you to keep, one to give to the customer when they place the order, and a final copy to add with their delivery.
- Use carbon paper to ensure that every receipt is identical.
- Double and triple check you have all items ready and accounted for before you start to package the order.
Choosing the Right Packaging Materials
As you already know, Avon sells a wide variety of goods - from cosmetics to skincare to home goods and children's toys - and this means you're going to need more than just a one-size-fits-all approach to packaging your orders. For a small order of cosmetics, a small and less sturdy bag will probably suffice, but you won't be able to fit a couple pairs of shoes and a shower curtain in there. This is largely up to the individual to decide, but when in doubt, just use common sense.
Add A Little Extra
If done correctly, every Avon order should look like a goodie bag. A few extra surprises, at little or no cost to you, mean a lot to your customers and can get them talking to their friends. A few ideas on extras to include in your deliveries are:
- Complimentary lip gloss or lipstick sample for their kids (or grandkids!)
- Your business card (with a lipstick club punch card on the back)
- Personalized coupon (like 10% their next birthday, anniversary, etc.)