As an eBay seller since 2005, we have some collective wisdom under our belts! We've shared some advice here. Hope it helps.
Making money on eBay isn't hard if you have the right training. These free eBay tips will get you started in the right direction so you can start making an income from online auctions today. From setting up an account to finding inventory, find it here.
Why am I offering these tutorials for free? Because as I've scanned the web, I haven't seen many good tips for selling on eBay out there that cover everything nuts to bolts, at no cost to you. Hopefully, if you like these tutorials, you'll recommend them to a friend and spread the word. So, enjoy, and start selling!
An important eBay tip...
Dip your feet into eBay by selling off some things around your home first. Get the knack of selling by doing. This way, you can learn and make mistakes on your early items instead of ones you'll be paying for later.
5 Things You Can Do Right Now to Start Selling More on Ebay
Sometimes with eBay, you might notice that you'll hit a plateau with sales, or you might even have a sales dip. This could be a number of things, ranging from your feedback score to changes with Ebay's search. It could also be that the items you are selling are losing popularity. Here are five things you can start doing right now to sell more on eBay, from quick fixes to long-term plans to get your business up there in the search rankings.
- Upload your avatar to you're profile page and fill out the entire page. Think people don't look at this page? Shoppers click on your ID to find out more about you, not just your About Me page. This is your opportunity to help sell yourself, and to bring them back to your own items.
- Check the competition of your highest priced items. See what other eBay sellers are charging for shipping, starting bids, check recently completed listings, and see if they are shipping internationally. Which of these can you possibly have an edge on them by offering? Sometimes a gigantic market is begging for your items and you don't even know it. Open up bidding to international buyers in Japan, Canada, and the UK and you can often see your bids increase as well as buy-it-nows.
- Market your store outside of eBay. This is a long-term commitment best paired with starting your own web presence, often in the form of your own website. This can be an exciting venture, but expect lots of hard work. The good news is that you'll be rewarded for your hard work in the form of being your own boss.
- Network on Facebook and Twitter. Make a commitment to one of these social sites to network within your niche, build your reputation, and gain new buyers. Showcase your best items, offer tips within your niche (i.e. "things to look for when buying an antique rocking chair"), and chat it up with like-minded buyers, sellers, friends, and strangers.
- Fill out your store description. If you have an eBay store, use as many words as possible. Describe your area of expertise, some of your most popular items, why they should buy from you, fill out your meta-tags, keywords, and entice the buyer to bookmark you. Your description isn't just for buyers, it's also for search engines. Customize the front page of your store with as much helpful information as possible. Also, make good use of the custom store pages eBay gives you to create your own keyword rich, helpful, informative page about your items.
If I don't know the answer to your question, I'll at least tell you where you can find out!
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
© 2009 Kiwisoutback
Have a Question About Selling on Ebay? - Ask your question on an Ebay related question!
alaiamax lm on September 04, 2012:
I'm thankful that I have found and read your lens because I am planning to set up my ebay store. This lens is packed with all the steps and guide on how to effectively sell products on Ebay. Thanks a lot for sharing.
JeffPadovani on August 23, 2012:
Very good lens, lots of information.
Read More From Toughnickel
qasimalhammad on March 04, 2012:
Really great work you have done here, this is even best than learning about Ebay from their own website. thanks for sharing.
DesignZeal on November 03, 2011:
Amazing wealth of information! The right place to learn about eBay for those of us who are entirely unfamiliar with it, as well as a valuable resource for experienced eBay sellers
itsmuzza2011 on March 14, 2011:
well done on another great lens very helpful
gia combs-ramirez from Montana on November 18, 2010:
Wow...what an incredibly valuable resource in this lens and others. Triple blessed by an angel.
David Lawrence from United States on September 09, 2010:
Nice lens. Thumbs Up!
anonymous on December 02, 2009:
I will be chekcing these out! I hope to open an ebay store in Jan! Thanks for pulling all this information together and Congrats on the purple star! :)
Kiwisoutback (author) from Massachusetts on November 25, 2009:
@CherylK: Good luck Cheryl - and if you have any questions feel free to ask!
Cheryl Kohan from England on November 23, 2009:
I don't have a question right now but after I read all of these tutorials, I probably will! I have an Ebay account that I haven't used for a long, long time...wasn't ever very successful. I've been thinking about getting back into it so I was excited to see this lens listed when I checked my favorites for updates. Thanks!