30 Catchy Catering Company Names
Calling all foodies! If you have a passion for making some delicious food and wish to turn that passion into money, then perhaps your calling is starting your very own catering company!
Catering Company Names
This is so important that it has its very own section! Choosing a name for a new business is not an easy task and requires a lot of thought, especially when it comes to catering company names. Here’s a few tips to consider when thinking of catering company names:
- Clean: You will want to look for a name that sounds clean, because who would want to eat from a place that has a dirty sound? Keep it clean.
- Professional: Especially important when dealing with brides! You want a name that gives the impression of absolute professionalism. Nobody will want to go to a company if their name makes them sound incompetent.
- Your name: Feel free to use your name in your business name. Business sould stand proud in a sea of big corporations!
- Food type: It’s more likely than not that you will be dealing with a specific taste of food, whether it’s Italian, Asian, or Latino cuisine. Make this clear in your name to make it easier for people to find you.
- Event specialty: Many catering companies specialize in weddings but will also cater other events. Regardless, they often specify their main event types in their name to draw in that kind of business.
With all of these tips considered, let’s move onto some example catering company names:
A Taste of Italy Catering
Hot Tamales Latino Cuisine
Cater Me Mexican
Fresh Catch Seafood Catering
That's a Toast! Wedding Caterers
Marry Meals Wedding Catering
Food To You Catering Service
Event Advantage Catering
On The Menu Catering Services
Amazing Grace Event Catering
Archway Wedding Caterers
I Do Catering
Birds of a Feather Catering Service
Broiler Room Catering Services
The Great Stork Catering
American Catering Service
Happy Helpers Caterers
At Your Service Caterers
Helping Hands Catering Service
Weddings, I Do! Catering
Backyard Barbeque Catering Service
I Do Wedding Catering
Side of 'Slaw Catering
Special Events Catering
Pickled Pink Event Caterers
Toast the Host Catering
Starting a Catering Company
Many events call for catering services, and the volume of business you wish to serve will determine if you will be able to run it out of your home by yourself or if you will need to hire a crew to serve food out of a professional kitchen. Events such as small parties can usually be handled by one, but if you plan on doing large events such as business meetings and weddings, you might wish to operate in a professional setting.
If you will be operating outside of your home, then you will need to find a good location! Ideal locations for catering companies are typically nearby other entertainment companies: DJs, photographers, etc. This is because when people are in need one of of those types of services, they usually need catering too, and how convenient it is to find one right next door! This will also enable you to build a relationship with other nearby companies, and offer discounted packages together as more incentive for business!
Regardless of where you decide to have your business, you will need the golden approval of the Health Department. Any kind of business dealing with food needs to be inspected to ensure you are following the proper protocol for food storage and handling, and also for cleanliness. Not only should you be in contact with them, but also with the state and county to register your business for tax purposes. Starting off on a good foot means not starting off with the IRS on your back!
Once you find your location, you will certainly need the right kitchen equipment in order to operate, right? Right! So begin looking for a supplier for your commercial equipment. This is where it becomes pricey, so if you don’t have a lot of money saved up for such expenses, I recommend that you either wait to start your business, hit the lottery, or more realistically, get a business loan. Also, look for a supplier for food, or join a bulk food-buying club such as Sam’s Club or Costco. This will help you save a lot of money off retail prices!