How to Start Your Own Greeting Cards Business
A Successful Greeting Cards Business
I show you how to create some interesting greeting cards that you can sell at Craft Shows and online. This could turn into a profitable home business. They make great displays on your stall at any show or fair so will encourage customers to look at your other crafts too.
Your main outlay will be the . I use these ones because they are very cheap but of great quality. To have a successful home business it is important to make your crafts as cheaply as possible without compromising on quality. blank cards and envelopes
There are step by step instructions with videos and photos so you can follow the process and make many different card designs cheaply and quickly.
How to Make Money at Home
- · Blank cards and envelopes
- · Glue
- · Paper
- · Scissors
- · Ribbons
- · Buttons and beads
- · Dried flowers and fabric flowers
- Anything else that works
Step 1 - Instructions
- Make a large clear space on a table and add a covering of newspaper or similar.
- Take out one blank card
- Decide which colour theme you want to create
- Pick your paper for size, texture and colour
- Cut the paper to fit and glue to the card
- Experiment with the ribbons by placing them in different areas on the card
- Do not cut them at this stage.
- Once you can see a nice pattern cut the first piece of ribbon.
- Always cut slightly larger than needed.
- Some ribbons have a tendency to fray at the edges when you glue them.
- So you will need this extra length.
- Do not glue the ribbon at this stage.·
- Add whatever other pieces you think will complete the design of the card.
- Experiment with dried leaves or flowers, buttons, bits of material or paper.
- Rearrange all the pieces on the card until you are happy with the look.
- Now you can take the plunge and glue on the ribbons and material
- Clean the edges of any surplus glue and press down hard for a few seconds to secure firmly.
- Give the pieces time to dry. It depends on which type and quality of glue you are using.
- Attach your buttons, flowers or other parts to finish off the look of the card.
- At this stage you can also attach the greeting if required.
- It depends on your design if these are necessary.
Homemade Greeting Cards
7 Ways To Market Homemade Greeting Cards
- Once the card is completely dry add a heavy weight on top of it. With the extra stuff glued onto the cards they get out of shape.
- I use heavy hard back books which do the job perfectly.
- Leave for at least twenty four hours and your newly created greeting cards will be perfect.
Greeting Inside the Card
At this stage you can leave the inside blank. Or you can use the internet to find birthday greetings that you can print out and stick inside. There are many copyright free birthday greetings you can use. I arrange them on a word document and print them out on stickers twelve to a page.
That way it is so much easier to add to the card. I like to write a nice positive affirmation in the cards. I find that people who are looking to buy a hand made birthday card also prefer to have an inspiring message inside. You can look these up on the internet and use them copyright free. Just type in ‘free inspiring birthday greetings’ to your search engine.
- Count your life by smiles, not tears.
- Count your age by friends, not years
- May all the wishes and dreams you dream today turn to reality
- Birthdays are filled with yesterday's memories, today's joys, and tomorrow's dreams
- Have a wonderful birthday, you'll always be forever young
- Hope your birthday blossoms into lots of dreams come true
- May your birthday be filled with sunshine and smiles, laughter, love, and cheer
- Wishing you everything that brings you happiness today and always.
Sell at Craft Shows
Creating Birthday, Christmas and other greeting cards is an interesting craft. It is also a very good addition to your crafts small business. With an old shoe box suitably decorated you can create awesome Craft Show Displays.
A small pin board with some of the greeting cards stuck on it will show off your cards at their best. You can hang the board on a wall if you have one behind you or prop it up on the table or stall.
Good Craft Show Displays
Take care to put some thought and organisation into it. Customers will walk away if your table is too cluttered or worse too sparse. if you do not have enough items to sell think about sharing the table with someone else who makes other crafts. That way your table will have a great craft display and you can share the rent too. Then you can draw the customer in and sell other craft items as well as the Greeting Cards.
The step by step instructions with photos above show you in detail how to start making your greeting cards. Once you get the hang of making cards and see how easy it is you can build up an impressive collection to sell at craft shows. You will be able to earn a part time income from making these and other crafts at home.
How to Make Christmas Greeting Cards
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.