Engelta loves to share financial tips and tricks to help anyone grow their own business.
Everyone can dream day and night about being successful. Accomplishing the difficult tasks to reach a simple goal and still keep working, it is what makes the difference between people who just dream, and people who put their dreams in line. This also makes the difference between those who give up and those who carry on.
Success does not carry the same meaning for everyone, but no matter how much the definition of it may change for every person, the difficulties on the road to success remain the same. Facing them is a common denominator for every single one pursuing his dreams and passions.
- Avoid the “fake it until you make it” - if you lose energy faking it, you will not only get tired of making it, you will also trick your own brain into thinking you have made it.
- Prove the doubters they are right by making mistakes, and prove them wrong later - mistakes are the only way to learn and grow. Don't be afraid of mistakes, be afraid of victories that may shut your creativity down, because you think you reach success and you do not need to work on it anymore.
- End friendships if they are consuming and not helping to you and your goals - find people who inspire you, people who have goals and dreams, people who work to accomplish something, quit hanging out with negative people.
- Realize if you are not in the right path to maintain a love relationship - quit. It is no need, and no profit if you save a relationship that is holding you back. Save the unnecessary pain and disappointment. Be sincere with yourself.
- Think of “the greater the risk, the greater the reward” to lead you - you have to risk in order to create something valuable. I recommend you the movie "Jobs" based on Steven Jobs life.
- Talk about ideas, do not talk about people - smart people discuss ideas, small people discuss other people!
- Admit you need help, ask for guidance - smart is the one who asks questions, the stupid one does not, thinking he knows it all.
- Don’t over-think; learn to trust your gut feeling - sometimes math is not the solution, sometimes you have to do the calculations based on your gut sayings.
- Do what others would say is an impossible task, do not make excuses or feel like a victim - impossible itself says I'M POSSIBLE.
- Sacrifice the social life and the weekends as well - sacrifice now, to live a better life later.
- Accept insecurity and fear as emotions that can not be avoid - you will be insecure, and you will fear the outcomes sometimes, but the thing is: never quit. The emotions will pass, the result will stay.
- Do not seek credit for success - you will get the credit when you do the job.
- Put in, more, than you get in return.
- Limit email replies to 1 per minute. Take your time to formulate the right reply.
- If you can not understand what an email is for, better do not answer it at all. You may do a mistake, or create a new problem.
- Most of the time, nothing important really happens. And when something important happens, first you need to check if it is really important or just it seems so.
- Do not answer the phone until it is a true emergency, and in reality, emergencies are rare.
- Use keyboard shortcuts to save time and effort. Learn to use technology, it is in your advantage. Write fast, and clean.
- Spend time visualizing your last product. Before counting your steps, try to think about your product, what it is, and where it came from.
- Try to start your productive work before you even feel ready. Do not wait to feel ready. If you do, you will never be ready.
- Decisive behavior is productive. Behave like you are right, do not doubt yourself. Doubt is the killer of a productive work.
- If you have a mind block, you may need working on a mind map.
- Record it, if you can not write it down. Use your phone, or whatever. Do not trick yourself into thinking you will be able to remember it later. You won't.
- Write to the author if you are in need of something helpful.
- There is this 80/20 rule. It means that 20 % of work produces the 80 % of result.
- Focus on the important things, than suppress the urgent.
- Decide what is the outcome even before you start.
- Start a book, or diary, called "Idea Dump" when you keep note of ideas you can not work on for the moment.
- Eliminate decisions like what to wear, or what your hairstyle should be that day.
- Learn to say NO and ignore. There is no need to respond to every single thing.
- Do a first bad draft. Do not go for the perfect one. Do it, because you can not edit a blank page anyway.
- Time is precious, treat it like as it is your money, because it is!
- First try to define your fashion uniform. Then wear it daily. It will become your signature.
- Make it possible for you to wear smart fabrics. Smart fabrics means clothes that are suitable for your job, and will give your first impression the right boost.
- Carry an all-occasion outfit with you. Or if you can not carry one, make sure to always have a blouse somewhere in your office, or take a jacket with you. You never know when you will need it.
- Throw away what you stop using, you do not need that. More unnecessary things, more of a mess the place will be, and less concentrated you will be.
- Run, swim, dance, exercise to manage your anxiety, feel better.
- Breathe peacefully, take long breaths. It will furnish your brain with oxygen, you will be more alert and ready to concur the world.
- If you are tired all the time you may need to sleep more, and you will get more done.
- If your energy is low, consider taking some naps after lunch time.
- Take a look at you current diet. What do you need to change? What do you need to eat more of?
- Make a plan to eat healthy food: veggies, fish, meat, diaries must be in your everyday diet.
- Get delivery food to save time, if you can not cook yourself, or have a busy schedule.
- Negotiate a daily deal with your coffee shop.
- Do the easiest things first. Then the hard ones will take your energy.
- Give priority to one item each day. Do a task, and do it good, then do more tasks, and mess them up.
- Set a daily routine. You will get more done, because you will know what you are doing, when you are doing it, when is your free leisure time, and when is the time to work.
- Do not hold meetings that are not decisive. Try to value things another way. Not everything needs to be taken that seriously.
- Do the work, do not try to make it perfect, just do it. Anyway, perfection does not exist, so do not be afraid, or obsessed with it.
|What you do||What you should do|
You always say YES to whatever people ask from you.
Learn to say "NO". You should satisfy your own needs as well. NO it is the most powerful word you will ever learn to say.
You take criticism as you are doing something wrong, so you stop immediately.
Criticism shows you the things you are doing right or wrong. Not so that you should stop doing them, but to do them better.
You are afraid of being judged.
You will be judged if you do something wrong, right and when you do nothing at all. Do not allow people to get you down.
- Respect the competition - respect the other person in front of you, whoever he/she is. If you do not respect him/her, in some point you will underestimate him/her, and that is the end of game. You will lose.
- Support the success of others, rather than hoping they fail - and do better yourself.
- Understand that the first version of your idea may not be the best - there is always room for editing ideas.
- Make it simple, so people can share your vision at the best.
- Track finances to the penny - it is money, and money always counts. Pennies today are dollars tomorrow.
- Get up after getting knocked down, stronger and more prepared than before
- Celebrate the small victories even if the end goal is far away - the war is won by small victories in the battlefields.
Why do successful people leave their friends behind?
Successful people do not leave their friends behind. They leave their loser friends behind.
If you want to be successful, you have your eyes on the goal and you keep moving toward the goal. Loser friends are the ones who may have dreams, but they do not do anything at all to follow them. They just keep talking about their dreams cigarette after cigarette, but they are jogging in the same place, not running.
You need people who will inspire you, and in this case you need 3 kind of people, essential:
- The one that is older than you, and successful, to learn from him.
- The one your age, to share your dreams and goals and ideas.
- The one that is younger than you, so you can be his mentor, so you can inspire someone else.
If you need to, create a Make and Break list, including people with whom to create or break relationships.
Do not be afraid of change. Do not be afraid of judgmental people. That is no news, people are gonna say whatever they want for whatever you do. They will be afraid of you at some point because you will be different from them. I do not promise you that they will understand every action of yours, every idea of yours, because in the end that is what your dreams are made of, not their. But it is important to find the right people who will not understand you, but they will try hard to, and even when they won't be able to, at least they will support you! Do not be afraid to be the red umbrella in a crowd full of black ones. You may not have it easy, but you won't just exist, you will live a hell of a life.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
© 2014 Ensorcelie
Sonya on August 23, 2017:
Ureh Otaka on July 29, 2017:
These tips are on point and timely.
Enxhi Haxhiu on October 20, 2016:
Such a well written article with useful advices. Love it...:)
Ensorcelie (author) from Albania on June 06, 2016:
This hub is edited by HubPro... Don't know what to say. I can't edit it anymore :)
Angela on June 03, 2016:
Good article. You might want to have it checked for grammatical errors. there are quite a few and can be distracting to the reader.
Yanglish on April 05, 2016:
Marvelous quotes, that I really enjoyed reading.
Ensorcelie (author) from Albania on September 23, 2015:
Thank you :)
Elena from London, UK on September 23, 2015:
Inspiring and very motivating. I will read this again. It's an article that should be referred to often.....thanks. :-)
Ensorcelie (author) from Albania on July 25, 2015:
Thank you :))
Me on July 24, 2015:
this is a exceptional article!!!!!