Tatiana is a business-minded writer who creates informative articles to share insights with other entrepreneurs.
Have you always had a passion for pretty fingers and toes? Then why not go to school to become a nail technician? Most beauty schools offer this program, it’s not terribly expensive and doesn’t take too long to learn the trade.
At some point in your career, you may decide the time is right to open your own salon, and to register your business you'll need a great name. It should be eye-catching and memorable, and make people think of the luxurious and fun experience of getting a manicure.
Great Tips for Naming Your Business
Choosing a Nail Salon Name
You may have been wondering at what point you should think of the name for your salon. Well, the answer is, before you start trying to register your business! Many people will already have a name in mind, but if you need some ideas, you’ve come to the right place!
Here are some tips for coming up with a name:
- Industry: Use industry terms in the name to make it clear what type of salon it is, whether it be a hair salon, day spa, or in this case, a nail salon.
- Rhyme: Anything that helps a name to be catchy is good, and rhyming does just that!
- Your name: You are the master nail technician, right? Shout it loud and proud! There’s nothing wrong with having pride in your business and in yourself as an entrepreneur.
- Location: Using the location in your name is a clever way to tell people where you are without actually telling them. For example, if you are about to open a business in Las Vegas, then a good name would be Sin City Nails
- Target market: Some nail salons are classier than others, offering more upscale services. If you are targeting a more affluent crowd, make this clear in the name.
With all tips considered, it is now time to move on to a list of examples:
Nail Salon Name Ideas
Nails on 88th Street
Sin City Nails
The Nail Box
Pinky Toes Nail Salon
Fingers 2 Toes
This Little Piggy Nail Salon
Little Piggies Nail Spa
Hand Model Manicures
Get Tipsy Nail Salon
House of Nails
Tipsy Turvy Nails
We Love Tips Nail Salon
Sweet Feet Pedicures
Happy Feet Nail Salon
Nails, Nails, Nails!
Manis and Pedis Salon
All Season Nail Salon
Polish Me Pretty
Twinkle Toes Nail Salon
The Golden File
The Nail Garden
The Nail Artist
Serenity Nail Salon and Spa
The Nail Designer
The Nail Place
Glitter Girls Nail Salon
Sweet Feet Pedi-Spa
Glamour Girls Nail Spa
Pinkies Nail Spa
AAA Nail Salon
Tippity Toes Nail Salon
Hands Down Nail Services
TipToe Nail Salon
Tips and Toes Nail Spa
Raise a Hand
Opening Your Nail Salon
Before you start your own business, you should lay the following groundwork first:
- Get licensed: Once you get a license that enables you to legally do work on peoples’ nails commercially, then you can start thinking about opening your own business.
- Work experience: You should first work for other nail salons to gain experience and create a nice portfolio to attract customers with, and to see how a nail salon is run. Observe the business from the sidelines, take good notes, and keep them for your own business ventures.
- Make a portfolio: Photograph your best work in high quality to either put on your website or in a physical portfolio. A good portfolio will lure costumers.
When you feel comfortable in the nail trade, you can start looking into opening your own business. Here is what you need to do:
- Contact your state department of corporations to find out what you need to do to register a business, and also contact your city or county to find out their license and tax requirements.
- While doing all of this, you should be looking into suppliers for everything from salon equipment to supplies needed to perform the work.
- It will be expensive to start out, so you may also wish to look into small business loans with your bank to help get you started, should you not already have the funds saved up.
- Once you have all licensing requirements met, you can then begin looking for a good location. Ideal locations will be near other beauty-related places, shopping malls, beaches, or photography studios.
- Start advertising and marketing, from posting flyers around town in tanning and hair salons (with permission), to posting on social media and Craigslist. You need to find clever ways to reach out to your market!
When your doors open for business, stand proud and persevere. Owning your own business is tough, and you may not succeed, but you stand a chance if you work hard and make your customers happy.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
TJ on August 15, 2020:
I want a name for my nail business please. Thanks
onyii on August 10, 2020:
help me come up with a name that has sabina in it for my press on nail business
Ayomide on August 08, 2020:
Pls help me with a unique name to call my nail studio
Tashs on June 07, 2020:
please help come up with a name that goes with N N M
Palesa on May 28, 2020:
Help me come up with a name for my nails studio.the name can include Lesah or palie but even if it doesn't include those names but it must be proper please help a sister out
Ashley on February 04, 2020:
I am starting a home base nail salon looking for some cute names.
Tracy Scopes on January 11, 2020:
I want to start a mobile nail service any surgestiion on a name with Tracy in it
Mercy jonas on November 10, 2019:
I want to open Nails salon what should i name it starting with the name esther
Either it should start with Esther or the name should be mixure of the alphabet of esther
Esther on November 10, 2019:
I want to open salon for nails help me starting with my name
hohoebeyonce on November 01, 2019:
I want to polished up nails and pedicure
Sue on October 25, 2019:
I’m just starting up doing nails and beauty need a name x will start off mobile
Mike on September 27, 2019:
Rusty Nails lo
Debbie nail tech on September 18, 2019:
I’m trying to come up with a catchy Italian type name by nick name is Debbie too -too or 2-2 Italian words for mani pedis r ugly sounding any ideas free mani pedi if some gives me the name I chose
Matt on July 20, 2019:
Ju-Nail will be sounds good for Filipinos. That is if they know current events.
Lisa Nik on July 16, 2019:
Hi I’m wanting to open a nail salon
Please give me some cool idea names
Simoné on July 10, 2019:
Opening a nail salon and I'm looking for a name for the salon. Something with my name "SIMONÉ"
Naomi on May 22, 2019:
Hi I'm qualified in nails tanning and hair end off June. How wld I use a name
Brooklyn on May 13, 2019:
Love the names
Zainab on April 22, 2019:
Hello,m looking to opening a Nail studios so wat should i keep de name of salon....tell me some unique
Penny on April 14, 2019:
Hi I'm looking to open a nail and waxing shop. how do i explain both in a name
katerina on March 30, 2019:
I'd like to offer you a name for nail salon. In my country it sounds differently and I can't use it. but I liked it a lot:
hairandbeauty101 on March 04, 2019:
cheers mate, youve helped me wi my coursework, deffo getting a pass now
Pk on December 17, 2018:
Nice names but word. Icle means???
David Ore on November 20, 2018:
All I see is 48.
firstname.lastname@example.org on October 13, 2018:
Cool names; helped me come up with a name for my future business. Thank you.
Ffdkdiif on September 17, 2018:
Thank u so much i am considering some of ur names for a hopefully instagram account!!!!