50 Cake and Cupcake Business Names
Cupcake shops are a growing favorite for kids and adults alike! They are fun little places for a family to go together for dessert and are a nice alternative to ice cream shops.
It takes a lot of talent to run a cupcake business. Management skills, people skills, and mad baking skills are all a must!
Have your cupcake and eat it too by opening a cupcake business!
Though delicious treats displayed in the window at your business can help attract window shoppers, it will do no good for those who aren’t physically in the area. For this (and other reasons), it is necessary to have a name that leaves nothing but cupcakes to be desired.
Here's a list of names to get you thinking:
Cupcake Shop Name Ideas
For Heaven's Cakes!
Tasty Treats Cupcake Shoppe
Guilty Pleasures Cupcake Shop
Frosted Crown Cupcakes
Come on in! Cupcake Shop
The Cupcake Connection
Sea of Cupcakes
Darla's Dreamy Cupcakes
Sweet Dreams Bakery
Main Street Cupcakes
Sugar Mama's Cupcakes
The Magic Oven Cupcakes
Delicious Creations Cupcakes
The Art of Cupcakes
Eddie Bull Cupcake Shop
The Sweet Tooth Cupcake Shop
Tastebud Temptation Cupcakes
The Cupcake Temptation
The Cupcake Craze
The Crazy Cupcake Lady
The Cooling Rack Cupcake Shop
The Cupcake Craving
Magic Batter Bakery
Sweet Thang Cupcakes
Sugar & Spice Cupcake Shop
Red Velvet Bakery
Tips for Picking a Sweet Name
Although picking through cupcake business names is a difficult task, there is no escaping it and its importance should not be dismissed. Embrace the naming process as once it’s done, it’s done. That said, take your time with it. Hopefully you will be using the business name for a long time, so you'll want to make sure you choose something you like.
In the brainstorming process, write down as many names as you can think of, so you have as many as possible to choose from. Here are a few brainstorming tips that can help you along:
Use a name (either yours or the baker's): Including the name of the baker or owner will help everyone know who’s boss! If your name is unusual, it will make your business that much more special.
Use your food: Everyone should know exactly what you’re serving up! In this case, it's cupcakes. Be proud!
Location: Use your general location or street name in your business name. Even if you end up moving, where you started your business will never change!
Try using rhymes: They are catchy and will help everyone remember your name.
- Use adjectives: There are many words that can describe a cupcake. Try using words such as sweet, tasty, or anything that portrays just how cute and delicious your cupcakes!
- Give yourself room to grow: Though you might start out with cupcakes, it's possible you'll want to branch into other areas of baking or the restaurant industry.
- Check online first: Make sure your name hasn't already been taken by another business, even one located in a different area. This can cause you legal headaches down the road that you don't want to deal with.
- Avoid confusing names: If a name is confusing or hard to understand, it will make it that much more difficult for news of your business to spread by word of mouth.
- Avoid cutesy spelling: Though Kute Kupcakez might sound like a good name, people who are searching for your business will have a hard time finding you. Funny spellings also tend to not age very well, and your business will hopefully be around for a long time!
With cupcake businesses growing in number, competition for this type of business is getting tighter. Try to stand out from your competitors in any way you can!
Got a List of Names Made?
Great! Now it’s time to narrow it down. Here are some ways to weed out the good from the great:
Make a list of local competitors’ names and avoid any names that are similar.
Check the business name with your state’s Division of Corporations to see if anyone has already incorporated the same name.
Check for web domain availability at Whois.com.
Can the average person pronounce and spell the business name without problems?
Using the tips above, cross out names on your list and narrow it down to the ones that would really be good for the business.
Other Brainstorming Ideas
If you're having trouble picking a name, there are ways to help you decide. The following tips can help make the process a little easier and a bit more enjoyable!
Cupcake party: Have a party where you serve some of your specialties while getting ideas for a business name. With cupcakes on the table, you're sure to get plenty of people to attend.
Take a vote: This can be done at the party, or even online. Taking a survey or a vote helps you get a good idea on what names would help attract customers.
Flipping a coin: If you are stuck between two really awesome names and would be happy with either one, flip a coin on it!
- Use a logo: If you’re the visual type and already have a logo in mind, put it on some paper with a few different names to see what looks best to you!
- Use formulas to generate a lot of ideas: Like: Object + Product (Cardinal Cupcakes), Location + Product (Big Apple Cupcakes), Cupcake- or Baking-Related Term + Cupcakes (Brown Sugar Cupcakes)
Look for inspiration in your food. This is a great excuse to indulge in your treats! Find your inspiration at the bottom of a cupcake or two and be thinking of names while baking or doing anything related to your business. Be sure to keep a notepad and pen on you at all times to record each and every thought and idea!
Something is bound to come to you like cupcake cravings to a customer! Just be sure to pick a name that makes customers crave your food!
How to Name Your Business
This video has some good advice on how to name a business. Though it does say to stay away from cute name, in the case of a cupcake business the rules are a little different since "cute-ness" is an industry standard.
More Business Name Ideas
- 75 Cute and Creative Bakery Names
Choosing a name for your bakery is a piece of cake with this list of 75 cute and creative bakery names.
- 45 Creative Coffee Shop & Cafe Names
Looking for the perfect coffee shop or cafe name? Look no further! Here is a list of 45 creative coffee-inspired names for your small business!