Tatiana is a business-minded writer who shares informative insights with other entrepreneurs.
Cupcake shops are a growing favorite for kids and adults alike! They are fun little places for a family to go together for dessert and are a nice alternative to ice cream shops.
It takes a lot of talent to run a cupcake business. Management skills, people skills, and mad baking skills are all a must!
Have your cupcake and eat it too by opening a cupcake business!
Though delicious treats displayed in the window at your business can help attract window shoppers, a display will do no good for those who aren’t physically in the area. For this (and other reasons), it is necessary to have a name that leaves nothing but cupcakes to be desired.
Here's a list of names to get you thinking:
Cupcake Shop Name Ideas
For Heaven's Cakes!
Tasty Treats Cupcake Shoppe
Guilty Pleasures Cupcake Shop
Frosted Crown Cupcakes
Come on in! Cupcake Shop
The Cupcake Connection
Sea of Cupcakes
Darla's Dreamy Cupcakes
Sweet Dreams Bakery
Main Street Cupcakes
Sugar Mama's Cupcakes
The Magic Oven Cupcakes
Delicious Creations Cupcakes
The Art of Cupcakes
Eddie Bull Cupcake Shop
The Sweet Tooth Cupcake Shop
Tastebud Temptation Cupcakes
The Cupcake Temptation
The Cupcake Craze
The Crazy Cupcake Lady
The Cooling Rack Cupcake Shop
The Cupcake Craving
Magic Batter Bakery
Sweet Thang Cupcakes
Sugar & Spice Cupcake Shop
Red Velvet Bakery
Tips for Picking a Sweet Name for a Bakery
Although picking through cupcake business names is a difficult task, there is no escaping it and its importance should not be dismissed. Embrace the naming process, as once it’s done, it’s done. That said, take your time with it. Hopefully you will be using the business name for a long time, so you'll want to make sure you choose something you like.
In the brainstorming process, write down as many names as you can think of, so you have as many as possible to choose from. Here are a few brainstorming tips that can help you along:
- Use a name (either yours or the baker's): Including the name of the baker or owner will help everyone know who’s boss! If your name is unusual, it will make your business that much more special.
- Use your food: Everyone should know exactly what you’re serving up! In this case, it's cupcakes. Be proud!
- Location: Use your general location or street name in your business name. Even if you end up moving, where you started your business will never change!
- Try using rhymes: They are catchy and will help everyone remember your name.
- Use adjectives: There are many words that can describe a cupcake. Try using words such as sweet, tasty, or anything that portrays just how cute and delicious your cupcakes are!
- Give yourself room to grow: Though you might start out with cupcakes, it's possible you'll want to branch into other areas of baking or the restaurant industry.
- Check online first: Make sure your name hasn't already been taken by another business, even one located in a different area. This can cause you legal headaches down the road that you don't want to deal with.
- Avoid confusing names: If a name is confusing or hard to understand, it will make it that much more difficult for news of your business to spread by word of mouth.
- Avoid cutesy spelling: Though Kute Kupcakez might sound like a good name, people who are searching for your business will have a hard time finding you. Funny spellings also tend to not age very well, and your business will hopefully be around for a long time!
With cupcake businesses growing in number, competition for this type of business is getting tighter. Try to stand out from your competitors in any way you can!
Tasty Tips for Naming Your Business
Got a List of Names Made?
Great! Now it’s time to narrow it down. Here are some ways to weed out the good from the great:
- Make a list of local competitors’ names and avoid any names that are similar.
- Check the business name with your state’s Division of Corporations to see if anyone has already incorporated the same name.
- Check for web domain availability at Whois.com.
- Can the average person pronounce and spell the business name without problems?
Read More From Toughnickel
Using the tips above, cross out names on your list and narrow it down to the ones that would really be good for the business.
Other Brainstorming Ideas
If you're having trouble picking a name, there are ways to help you decide. The following tips can help make the process a little easier and a bit more enjoyable!
- Cupcake party: Have a party where you serve some of your specialties while getting ideas for a business name. With cupcakes on the table, you're sure to get plenty of people to attend.
- Take a vote: This can be done at the party, or even online. Taking a survey or a vote helps you get a good idea on what names would help attract customers.
- Flipping a coin: If you are stuck between two really awesome names and would be happy with either one, flip a coin on it!
- Use a logo: If you’re the visual type and already have a logo in mind, put it on some paper with a few different names to see what looks best to you!
- Use formulas to generate a lot of ideas: Like: Object + Product (Cardinal Cupcakes), Location + Product (Big Apple Cupcakes), Cupcake- or Baking-Related Term + Cupcakes (Brown Sugar Cupcakes)
Look for inspiration in your food. This is a great excuse to indulge in your treats! Find your inspiration at the bottom of a cupcake or two and be thinking of names while baking or doing anything related to your business. Be sure to keep a notepad and pen on you at all times to record each and every thought and idea!
Something is bound to come to you like cupcake cravings to a customer! Just be sure to pick a name that makes customers crave your food!
More Business Name Ideas
- 75 Cute and Creative Bakery Names
Choosing a name for your bakery is a piece of cake with this list of 75 cute and creative bakery names.
- 45 Creative Coffee Shop & Cafe Names
Looking for the perfect coffee shop or cafe name? Look no further! Here is a list of 45 creative coffee-inspired names for your small business!
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
Questions & Answers
Question: What flavors of cake and cupcake batter should we use at our business?
Answer: I would suggest you have a few of the normal flavors a person would expect for your walk-in customers. That way, if someone walks in off the street, you're bound to have something that they'd expect you to have. Those would obviously be:
Lemon / Lemon Poppy Seed
Then, you can move into other more specialized flavors. Some that I've enjoyed include:
If you want to get really adventurous, you can also try mixing in other flavors that you might not normally find, such as:
Durian (if you're especially crazy and talented)
There are also many regional flavors that I probably haven't even heard of, so make sure to include those in the mix as well. You could try making tributes to regional flavors. For example, in the southern United States, they have biscuits and gravy as well as chicken and waffles. There are limitless options to try!
I'm no baker, so I'll leave it to the experts. What I can say, is that you should probably have a mix of expected flavors, as well as new and interesting flavors so you have a signature that no one else can copy.
Amy on June 10, 2020:
Most of these names already have domains.
cupcake master on March 04, 2020:
i need a good cupcake name
cupcake queen on November 18, 2019:
is there cotton candy cupcake because i am in a competition and i might do this
Akash.m on November 01, 2019:
Post more names for cake shops next time!
Pamela on October 25, 2019:
i like big daddy
myranda lucas on March 01, 2019:
i'm starting a cake bakery but i need some names any suggestions?
Cheyenne Gardner on February 24, 2019:
This website has helped me soooo much with my bakery!!
All is Appreciated!!! Thank You!!!
ajfdaf on August 29, 2018:
holly on March 26, 2018:
allison on February 21, 2018:
i think big daddy cupcakes
cattt on February 21, 2018:
i like suger mama
Lisa on December 20, 2017:
Can you make more ideas but they don't have the word cupcake or cake because 2/3 have cupcake or cake in it!
angela on November 07, 2017:
you should have more cupcakes ideas!!!!!!!!!!
abby tart on November 03, 2017:
thx for the help to find names for my cake
toto on October 28, 2017:
these are quite usefull but are they used already or what????
Leap on September 22, 2017:
Can someone give me a never heard cake bakery name cause my aunt wants a name for her new bakery
jeffry dun on May 18, 2017:
they all are terrible
najam naqvi on May 15, 2017:
i need a cute name for my
muffin cup cake.
give me idea for my product
Matt on May 15, 2017:
All but about one of these names are ridiculous crap. What a waste of time.
ledz on April 08, 2016:
the advice is really good hopefully it will help me in the cup cake bakery business
Kathrine on February 28, 2015:
Theses are very good cupcake names for stores me and my friend Alex are so getting ready for a store
anonymous on February 12, 2015:
Are those bakerys names just some suggetions some one can use or oready exist?
teamrn from Chicago on January 16, 2015:
Big Fat Cupcake in Denver, CO.