Tatiana is a business-minded writer who shares informative insights with other entrepreneurs.
Frozen yogurt shops have been popping up around the country at an alarming rate! So alarming that if you have a passion for frozen treats, decent savings, and good people skills, then perhaps you are considering opening your very own shop to join in on the FroYo craze!
Sweet Tips for Naming Your Business
Tips for Naming Your Yogurt Shop
Naming a business, especially one that is considered hot right now, is very important in attracting customers to your doors and away from the competing stores around. Just how can a name do this though
There’s many elements to consider when choosing a business name, and here are a few that will help you sift through all of the frozen yogurt shop names that will come to mind:
- Catchy: Every business should have a catchy name, but especially a place that sells dessert items! You can have a catchy name by using rhymes, puns, and just making sure the name has a nice flow.
- Hip: Since frozen yogurt places are the hip place to meet right now, make it sound like a place that people want to hang out for a few hours (and spend some money)! Even simply incorporating the “hiip” name frozen yogurt shops have earned, “froyo,” can give your business name a good boost!
- Location: If you plan on doing a lot of advertising (and you totally should!) then somehow incorporating the location into the name can help people find you! Sure, you might not stay at that location forever, and your business might even grow to a few locations, but regardless, the place you start will always be an important part of your history.
- Type of business: Nothing says “frozen yogurt” like “frozen yogurt” or “froyo,” so be sure to make it clear in your name just what you are serving up behind those windows with all the pretty lights!
- Brandable: One major part of making a business is creating one that is brandable if you plan on staying successful for years to come. Brandable means people will begin to recognize you without even seeing or hearing your name, perhaps just seeing your logo or mascot!
Now for a list of example frozen yogurt shop names to get those gears turning!
Ice Age Frozen Yogurt
18 Degrees Yogurt Shop
Wicked Cold Creamery
Acropolis Greek Frogurt
Twisted Vanilla Frozen Treats
Neapolitan Yogurt Co.
Fudge Mountain Froyo
The Sweet Tooth
Rocky Road Yogurt Shop
Sweet Tooth Yogurt Shoppe
Chilly Treats Creamery & Yogurt Shop
The Sugar Fairy Froyo
Brain Freeze Frozen Yogurt
North Pole Yogurt Shoppe
The Magic Handle Frozen Yogurt
Gumdrops FroYo Shoppe
Mixits Gourmet Yogurt
Butterscotch's Ice Cream & Frogurt
The Yogurt Shoppe
All Smiles Frozen Yogurt
Kiwiberry Frogurt Bar
Frozen Corner Cones
Scoopz Frozen Yogurtz
Always Summer FroYo
Polar Bear Yogurt Bar
Beach Bumz Froyo Bar
The Ice Patch
Snowballs Yogurt Bar
Cone Heads Frozen Yogurt
Sprinkles on Top
Yoconut Frozen Yogurt
Icicles Frozen Yogurt Shop
Two Sisters Froyo
Indulgence Gourmet FroYo
More interested in ice cream? You might like: 50 Cute Ice Cream Shop Names!
Read More From Toughnickel
Opening a FroYo Shop
Frozen yogurt places have a reputation for having delicious treats, including a variety of frozen yogurt and a topping bar, modern decor with colorful LED lights, and a good, convenient location.
Your first steps should be looking into proper licensing and permitting required to run such a business, making sure to check with the local Department of Health and your state’s Division of Corporations. You will also likely need some kind of business permit through your county or city depending on your location, so check there, too!
Speaking of location, FroYo places need to be in busy locations as people usually drop into them during shopping excursions or for dessert after a meal. Once people know you’re there and have decided that they love what you have to offer, that will be your more steady customer base. Location is definitely key!
Also, if you haven’t yet, it’s a good idea to begin looking for a good supplier for your frozen yogurt as this will be the flavor of your business that keeps people wanting more! Don’t be afraid to ask for samples if you will be dropping a pretty penny to buy their product for your store. If you need leads for the equipment to dispense the goods, ask the supplier for recommendations.
Open for Business
Now that you have read through the list of frozen yogurt shop names, I bet you have a lot of your own ideas coming to mind!
No matter where you go, up until you figure out the name, keep a notepad and pen handy to be writing down those name ideas!
Oh, and if you need some inspiration, just indulge in the treat and maybe it will spark a few more ideas for you. Taste the success lingering over you!
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
ann on May 17, 2019:
its cute and i like it i guess
Kamlesh kyada on October 02, 2018:
Nice Business name