Tatiana is a business-minded writer who shares informative insights with other entrepreneurs.
Growing up in an Italian family or being a chef who recently found inspiration in an Italian city might be reasons to open an Italian cuisine restaurant.
Italians have some of the most delicious dishes and best wine around, so it is really no wonder why Italian food is so popular!
There is nothing quite like genuine Italian food. Going to an actual Italian restaurant where food is prepared by those who grew up making it, getting wine served to you in a relaxing atmosphere with the lights turned low, and string quartets adding to the ambiance: it’s all about the experience.
Delicious Ideas for Naming Your Business
Naming an Italian Restaurant
If the love for Italian food and culture has filled your heart and you need to let that love overflow unto others, you’re probably seriously considering opening your own restaurant. One of the more important hings to figure out when going into business in the restaurant industry is what to call your restaurant.
Italian restaurant names shouldn’t be hard to come up with, especially if you are Italian, yourself! But if you need some pointers, here are a few things to look at:
- Use your name: A head chef’s name, especially if you’re the owner, should be known by all. If it’s an Italian name, that’s all the better!
- Use popular Italian dishes: Not every person who frequents your restaurant is going to be Italian, but everyone knows the names of a few of the dishes! This lets people know that you serve up Italian food!
- Use adjectives: If you’re using a food dish in your name, also consider using an adjective to describe the food dish that makes the name sound that much more appealing to customers.
- Use history: If you are from Italy, or have family in Italy, use the location in your name. What city are they from or in? What city did your specialty dish start out in?
When brainstorming for Italian restaurant names, start out by making the longest list possible of anything that comes to mind, and from there use the process of elimination until you finally get down to the one.
Now that you have a few things to think about, it's time to start brainstorming. Here is a list of 30 Italian restaurant names that we came up with to get you thinking:
Italian Restaurant Name Ideas
Olive Branch Pasta and More
Bella Bella Mozzarella
The Tasty Tortellini
The Spicey Meatball
Calamari Sea Italian Cuisine
Eatie Some Ziti
Ziti the Great
Wine Me, Dine Me Italian Ristorante
The P'sghetti Bar
Andriana's Italian Cuisine
The Ziti Dish
Zesty Pesto Italian Ristorante
Romano's Italian Restaurant
The Cal Zone
Asti Olives Italian Cuisine
Taste of Rome
On the Grapevine Italian Food
Venice Italian Cuisine
Little Rome Italian Ristorante
Ti Amo, Pizza!
The Pasta People
That's Amore Pasta
Starting a Mexican Restaurant?
- 33 Mexican and Spanish Restaurant Names
Opening a restaurant is a tough task, and that choosing the perfect name can be even more difficult. We offer you the following tips when it comes to brainstorming Spanish restaurant names.
Things to Consider
After you’ve compiled a nice long list., go back through this list and put a mark by the ones you really like. This should help eliminate some names so you can move on to the really important things.
Odds are that by now, you've got some restaurant name ideas sticking out in your mind. Before you run off to design your restaurant's business cards, there are a few things to consider about the name you've chosen.
A few questions to ask:
- Will the name be easy to remember?
- Is it easy for people to pronounce and spell?
- Will the name give the “right” impression to potential customers?
- Will it be difficult to come up with a good logo?
- Do any of the names infringe on copyrights? (Visit Copyright.gov for everything you need to know about copyrights.)
- Do any other businesses nearby have similar names? (Make a list of the local Italian restaurants for reference.)
- Is there a web domain available that matches or is a close match? (Check websites such as Whois)
- Is there a lot of pages with similar names on social networking sites?
With all things considered and you’ve found the name, you’ll feel good knowing that your business finally has a name and that you won’t be running into any problems because of it. Now, a little wine to celebrate...
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
claire donely on November 07, 2019:
This was a great idea, helped with my school project. My partner and I enjoyed laughing at the tasty tortellini
bilal on March 16, 2019:
arrigo-kaitlynn on March 04, 2019:
You guys gave me the greatest Idea for my school project...I LOVE YOU
Grand italian lasancha and more on October 21, 2018:
That name is very good.can you gave me name for my new resturent in sri lanka.